Friday, 23 July 2021

ROCKING YOUR WORLD FRIDAY - 30TH OF 2021

 Good morning lovely people tis Friday time for


I will prewarn you this morning, I am definitely short on photos this week, it has been way too warm for me if truth be told, I am not one to sit in sun (I burn due to medication I was on years ago), so the idea of sitting out enjoying the sunshine when it is hitting up in the high twenties is not my idea of heaven. 

However this is looking at the positives for the week so without further ado they are as follows:

We had a great business planning and volunteering event last Friday and the weather was kind everyone who came really enjoyed themselves and whilst the numbers were low anyway, we ensured we utilised the outdoor space to minimise any risks. 

I had a weekend on my own as hubby was boat training, he is now an officially qualified boat trainer and whilst he found it hard work and the instructors methods of teaching not necessarily suitable for a mixed training style, he learnt loads and is still learning and hoping to put it into practice soon. 

I on the other hand had a weekend of scrapbooking (no surprise there), although I didn't manage loads of layouts I was pleased with what I got done, I also managed to catch up with the Handmaid's Tale (as no one else in the house will watch it), it isn't an easy watch but it is a very very good series. 

I've had some lovely chats with said 20 year's old fiancée this week which has been lovely and we have nattered about all sorts.  

Work has been crazy busy (as always) and I've done a fair number of days at home, but this has meant that I've managed to get an awful lot done over the week which is great. 

I got to meet a new work colleague too which was lovely. 

Said 20 year old provided me with this beautiful but slightly strange slice of blueberry cheesecake, I couldn't quite make my mind up on whether I actually liked it but I persevered none the less, if that makes sense.  


Thursday night and I sat and enjoyed Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix with the rest of the family, I haven't seen it in an age, so it was an absolute delight to watch, as anyone that knows me knows I am an avid fan of the books, films et al. 

That my lovely people is my lot this week, apologies for the lack of photos, I promise to try harder this week, if you fancy joining in pop a post together come back and link up so we can come and visit. 

3 comments:

mamapez5 said...

Well Virginia you really don't have to apologise for lack of photos! You have had a busy week. For someone who struggles with the hot weather, this week must have been quite a trial. I did post early this week because I knew I had a lot to get through today. As it happens not much of that actually took place, but at least I was prepared.
Days spent scrapbooking and watching films sound just fine to me, and you manage so much work around them too.
The blueberry cheesecake is a slightly unappetising colour, but I love blueberries so I am sure I would have enjoyed eating it!
Hope you have a good week. Kate x

Lisca said...

I'm glad you joined with a blog even though there were hardly any photos. It doesn't matter. It's good to know you had a good week.
The cheesecake looks a bit greenish...
A new work colleague always is exciting.
I read the book The Handmaid's Tale. I found it a bit disturbing.Not at all like the other Margaret Atwood books I have read.
I hope you can enjoy the warm weather without sitting in the sun. Here it's almost unbearably hot.
Have a lovely weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

Helen said...

What a strange colour for cheesecake, it looks like it should be mint flavoured! I haven't been enjoying the weather either, way too hot for me, and the office is not air conditioned...... luckily today is much cooler and yes - Kew tomorrow - forecast is high humidity and thunderstorms so that will be interesting!!