Good morning lovely people tis Friday time for
So we ended up being notified to self isolate last Friday for 4 days, so we did, (we also did a test to make sure we were all good and we were).
Thankfully as always there is plenty to do, we had a fun day painting in the dining room on Friday and whilst I had an idea of what I was after, there was no definite plan if that makes sense. By the end of the day this is what we had, which I was immensely pleased with
Saturday morning and hubby treated us to a pile of pancakes with an assortment of toppings, which were enough to keep us full for the rest of the day
And so we decided to add to/finish off the wall we'd started which I am far happier with now.
On the opposite wall hubby had done a black outline design but we reflected that given all the black elements it was just too busy, so we blocked out some of the design and coloured the rest in, so the two walls technically now match and we are far happier with the room. This also shows my new Ikea mirror that we bought recently and the reflection from the other side of the room.
There is still quite a bit to do in the room to finish it off, but we are having great fun plodding our way around it and it is definitely not a race at the moment.
Sunday and we had the world's longest lie in, honestly cannot remember the last time we slept in to such a late hour (almost 10am), but as we reflected we must have needed it.
Another positive hubby helped me put a hair dye on, I haven't done one in an age and the grey was definitely showing through, it is also getting really long now, but I'm not complaining.
I managed a measly one layout Sunday afternoon, before joining hubby on the sofa for the second recent Jumanji film which proved great Sunday afternoon watching.
Monday came around all too soon and whilst we were all still self isolating, I was the one who could actually still attend work, so I worked from home as normal.
Tuesday and back to some normality, I hadn't realised how much I enjoy just being able to 'pop' somewhere if I'm honest. I went into work which is quieter at the moment as the schools are currently off for the summer holidays.
Wednesday and a full day at home studying (I missed my study afternoon last week, so my boss suggested a full day to prevent me getting lost in emails), it proved a wise choice and I made great headway.
Thursday and I was in work and so was hubby as he was volunteering, we had a good day overall and now I find myself here.
I hope you've had a great week, I hope you've found some positives to pull together from your week, those little silver linings add up to change your mindset and focus on the good things.
If you fancy joining in come back and link up and we can come and visit.





3 comments:
The room looks great, I love it. We've had a few of the guys at work having to isolate too ; it's rife! Hope you get to do something at the weekend to compensate. Helen xx
Oh that dining room wall is beautiful. Do you draw your own design, or is it a template? I remember the TV room also has tropical leaves sort of design.
Yummy! Pancakes. We had pancakes too at some stage this week, as you will see.
I know you are early birds, so 10 o'clock for you must be sleeping a 'hole in the day' as we say in Holland. As you say, your body must have needed that otherwise you would have woken up.
You mention a study day. What are you studying? I assume it is work related as your boss is giving you the time.
I'm glad you had a quiet and fairly good week, and now the weekend is upon us again. So enjoy your weekend,
Take care,
Hugs,
Lisca
Your room is beautiful. No wonder you are pleased with it.
I am sure the lie in did you a world of good. As hubby says, you must have needed it.
I am glad work is running smoothly even if you are still busy.
I wish my hubby was as handy in the kitchen as yours is!
Have a lovely week. Kate x
Post a Comment