Friday, 9 April 2021

ROCKING YOUR WORLD FRIDAY - 15TH OF 2021

 Good morning lovely people tis Friday time for 


So I have a few photos to share on three counts, the first is that it was a bank holiday weekend, the second is that the 'stay home' restriction had been lifted and the third is that we had nice weather on a bank holiday weekend - I mean let me just put that one there as the first happy positive grateful for this week. 

So Friday was the first day off and to be honest we stayed put, I had a good fettle of the house, started to catch up on washing (there was so much but that's what happens when you strip the bedding off, get an extra duvet set thrown in for good measure and have a massive towel wash to do not to mention the normal clothes wash), but with the sun shining I only had to air in the tumbler for a short period of time, so definitely another win! 

Saturday we had booked to go to Yorkshire Sculpture Park, how I've missed it, it was overcast when we got there but I didn't care.  We found this Henry Moore sculpture in the park with the giant cockerel behind


It wasn't raining but my hood was keeping my ears warm as it was still chilly


We did the long walk which is up the 72 David Nash steps  into the woodland at the top of the hill, where it then turns into open space where the old man sits.  Done by the same artist as the sea sculpture we saw at Newbiggin by the Sea last year. 


And just for scale, from a distance he looks 'normal' sized until you get up close. 


We passed the Highland cows, the baby now indistinguishable from his/her parents


When we got to the bottom of the field we turned left towards the Victorian shell grotto and then around to the boat house, as we headed back towards the bridge we came across a new sculpture, hubby thinks this one was 'poured' as there were little circles that gave it away on the top, nevertheless I liked it! 


We came across these stunning double daffodils


and hubby got this lovely perspective shot


and a final sculpture we hadn't seen, this one of what we understand was a very 'in' handbag at the time, apparently representing women's battle armour.  It was made of steel and genuinely looked like leather


I loved the silver lock on the front


and how they creased the steel to look like leather from the side


Easter Sunday dawned and we'd booked tickets for Chatsworth the sun was shining and we had blue skies.  

We started at the top looking back towards the stables and wound our way up 


The topiaries are coming along on the entrance the fruit and vegetable garden


From there we walked along the top and dropped down into the top of the Cascade


And hubby ran outside to get this shot of me stood in the arch at the top of the cascade, I hadn't realised how long my hair has got. 


The rhododendrons were in the full flower and utterly stunning


I loved the view when we looked up


And the carpet of flowers on the floor


We wound our way almost around the perimeter wall, seeing the sculpture in the wooded glade.


The view of the maze looked stunning and still devoid of people due to the pandemic


We got to the main pool at the bottom with the Emperor fountain



and got the classic Chatsworth shot


as well as one slightly closely


We stopped for a bite to eat and a cuppa sat on a picnic blanket that we'd taken and whilst there seemed a good few people about it still wasn't as busy as I'd thought. 

We left mid-afternoon and had a reasonable journey home before I settled down to some more mini book making whilst hubby put a film on. 

After tea (which we'd cooked the day before making everything super easy), we binge watched the first four episodes of Bridgerton which I thoroughly enjoyed, hoping to finish it off in the next couple of days. 

I can confirm we did indeed complete the series over the week, the rest of the week was busy at work as usual particularly busy due to year end, but I managed to get everything done yesterday and close the year end off, that is literally unheard of, I have been known to still be fighting with it in May but with the time I've dedicated to it pre-year end it made the task much simpler.  I've a few things to copy and then a back up document for the accountant and it can go on its merry way.  So overall a brill week. 

We did also start painting the TV room to spruce it up, I'd forgotten two things, firstly how big the room is and secondly how much stuff we have in there.  I will save information about that one until next week, but lets say we are definitely getting there. 

if you fancy joining in pop a post together come back and link up so we can come and visit. 

3 comments:

mamapez5 said...

You've had some lovely outings again. It must feel good to be out and about again. That handbag is quite something and really does look like leather. I love all the daffodils. So beautiful at this time of year.
Have fun with the painting. Not my favourite task these days, but of course, it will look great when it is done.
Well done on getting the accounts up to date. Chris did our Spanish tax returns this week, and it takes him a full day just for us two.
I have spent more time crafting than watching TV just lately, and soon the evenings will be warm enough (we hope), to sit outside with my crochet, so we don't watch much at all in the summer. Hope you have a good week. Kate x

Lisca said...

Sounds like you had a good Easter weekend with the two outings. Two of your favorite places: Chatsworth and YSP. The Old Man is awesome. I'm glad you took a pic with you in it for scale.
The handbag is absolutely fantastic! As you say, it looks so much like leather.
The double daffodil is gorgeous, as is the rhododendron.
Painting the TV room is next on the agenda, so I will look forward to seeing the before and after piccies.
Have a great weekend whatever the weather,
Hugs,
Lisca

Helen said...

Much like me missing Kew, you've missed Chatsworth and YSP - funnily enough a friend's daughter and family went last weekend too, and I saw a pic of the handbag with their son in front of it! I am booked for Kew for several weeks running now!! Hope you get the painting of the tv room done soon. Helen xx