Afternoon lovely people apologies for my tardiness but I've had a busy day, tis Friday time for
So last Friday me and hubby were both off as we had decided to make the best of the bank holiday weekend seen as it is the last one before Christmas, on Friday we tootled out to a place called Holmfirth and then travelled a couple of miles further north to a wholesale gem store as hubby is considering furthering his silversmithing.
It wasn't the nicest of weather but it was still lovely tootling out together, it is strange how quickly we have grown accustomed to being out and about again. I've never been through Holmfirth before, but know it well from the TV series Last of the Summer Wine.
We had a lovely couple of hours browsing row after row of gems and crystals and hubby bought some to start him off on the making front.
Saturday we painted the new shed but only managed one coat before the rain set in which was a little frustrating. Sunday morning we popped to the local garden centre to pick some autumn bedding plants, we got back and managed a second coat on the shed and hubby painted one of the decks whilst I planted out the bedding plants and had a bit of a fettle of the pots.
Monday I knew my Mum was four walling it, she isn't going to get results until the 16th September which left her a little low for a day or so, but she's putting it to the back of her mind and I decided to try and keep her busy, so we invited her to come with us to Wentworth Woodhouse gardens for a walk around, she really did enjoy it which is awesome because we've loved it too.
Here we are in front of the giant chestnut tree
Here we are in front of the giant chestnut tree
Hubby decided we needed an autumn bucket list to keep us positive and motivated as I've been struggle on the mental health front. Strangely ticking things off lists always gives me a positive sense of wellbeing and it has worked a treat if I'm honest.
Tuesday (an extra day just for fun), we headed to Hardwick Hall in Derbyshire the home of Bess of Hardwick with lots of links to Chatsworth, also used for the film Harry Potter as Malfoy Manor, it was the first day the hall was open since lockdown and we were amongst the first in, despite having to wear facemasks and socially distance from others it really was lovely doing something 'normal'
The house really is stunning and the blue skies helped
They showed examples of the colour the tapestries would have been in their hey day, I did a good job of matching the board up at the bottom don't you think!
This long room was used for exercise when the weather was inclement!
Outside we grabbed a seat and a selfie amongst the roses and busy bees
This view always reminds me of the Harry Potter film as Snape walks up a conifered avenue towards the house, I'm fairly sure on the film it was all computer generated and green screen but I still love to think of it like that!
The old hall that suffered a fire and is now a ruin is still visible from the new hall
The plasterwork inside really is something to behold, it is so beautiful and detailed
Wednesday was a catch up day with work and we went food shopping for us and for my Mum, I also spent the evening helping said 19 year old's GF cut out a pattern for some dungarees she wanted to make.
Thursday I was physically in the office, I got home to a cooked tea as I was late leaving which I was most definitely grateful for from hubby, he then toddled off to my Mum's to fit some shelves for her and sort some door hooks and to help rehang a wardrobe door whilst I helped said 19 year old's GF make the dungarees. We had such fun and whilst they weren't perfect (my pattern matching skills are rusty) the still looked awesome when she'd done them and she was so happy, it really made me smile. He sent me this photo of one of my Mum's cats when he was sorting he shelves out that definitely made me smile
So as you can see I've lots to be grateful for and clocking these positives at the end of every week, definitely balances the world a little for me.
I hope it works for you too, if you fancy joining in pop a post together come back and link up so we can come and visit.












2 comments:
Wow you did pack a lot into a few days, love the pics of your trips. Have a fab weekend
It sounds as though you made the most of your Bank Holiday weekend, with some lovely photos to prove it.. It must feel good to get out and about. It is not really like that here as AndalucĂa is struggling with the virus more now than they did in the first wave. We have had several fairly local cases and one death, so Chris and I are still being very careful. That said, we are both well and contented with our life right now, so that is something to be grateful for.
I am hoping he will venture with me as fr as a garden centre next week, as there is lots outside I would like to tackle now it is cooling down a little.
I liked the cat on a shelf. They do seem to like being high up so they can look down on us. Hope you have a good week. Kate x
Post a Comment