Good Evening lovely people apologies for the lateness of this post
tis Friday time for the very last Rocking Your World Friday of 2019
So the week has fair tripped along and I find myself at post Christmas already, it doesn't take long does it.
We've had a good week overall
We went to see Jumanji last Saturday at the cinema and thoroughly enjoyed just sitting and watching and being entertained for a couple of hours.
We also did the food shop for Christmas on the spur of the moment and found the shops full of food and empty of people - note to self be spontaneous next year when it comes to this.
We went to a lovely local carol concert on Sunday, it definitely fit the bill, telling the story of Christmas interspersed with choir songs and carols for everyone to join in and all by candelight.
Monday saw me preparing the Christmas table and said 19 year old finishing off homemade gifts.
And then Tuesday was all about food prep, but not too much and it really didn't take too long so a win win on that front.
Christmas day arrived in a flurry of wrapping paper and the day went amazingly well, said 19 year old was up at a sensible time, so we had a leisurely present unwrap with lots of little stories to share along the way. He then popped to see his girlfriend as a surprise as we got dinner well and truly underway.
Mum and her hubby arrived at 12.30 and the rest of the gang for Christmas dinner arrived a little later.
We ate and drank and laughed and had rather a lovely time it has to be said.
Said 19 year old's girlfriend and said niece's boyfriend arrived at tea time whilst we were still unwrapping.
Everyone had a really lovely time and it was gone 9pm before they started making their way home, I felt immensely blessed if I'm honest and everyone commented that it was the best Christmas dinner yet, which given the fact we've been doing this for years and years was a lovely compliment (even if a little daunting for next year).
I got some really lovely gifts from people, really thoughtful and everyone seemed happy with what they received, it was a most lovely family day for all of us!
Boxing day saw us at my Mum's for the annual pig table - not because we overeat (although that does occasionally happen), but we clocked one year that most of the items on the table were made from pork in some way shape or form and so pig table was born.
We had our fill of beautiful home cooked food, had a giggle at Mum's Christmas present in the form of an Amazon Echo aka Alexa and whiled away several hours catching up and chatting with family once more.
Which brings us to today which has been a quiet laid back affair. I managed to catch up with my Christmas journal and make the beginnings of some Christmas cards utilising the left over Christmas cracker paper (although I'm not sure if I will manage it fully) and then I've been sat reading my new book on making memories and starting to feed Christmas gifts into their new homes.
I hope you have had a blessed Christmas and that your new year brings a time to reminisce and celebrate whilst also looking forward to the new clean blank page that is 2020.
If you fancy joining in, Mr Linky below





1 comment:
Glad you had a fun Christmas, I spent they day (and Boxing day) at my brother's which was a load of fun and it's always fab when someone else cooks!
Post a Comment