Good Morning lovely people
tis Friday time for
So it has been a rather warm one this week it has to be said, so it has been a quiet one, however, there are still a few positive elements to keep things ticking along.
One of my lovely school friends brought a couple of bottles of this when they visited recently. As those that read normally know I'm teetotal for just over a year now, not for any specific reason than it was time to make a change and it has been a mighty positive one.
But sometimes you just fancy drinking something that feels like a grown ups drink if you know what I mean, I've tried various alcohol free wines since giving up drinking without success they all taste fairly awful, but this one is a little bit different, similar to a Prosecco or Champagne but of the non-alcoholic variety. I got it in Morrisons 2 bottles for £10 and it really is lovely provided you have it ultra cold.
Said 18 year old will be staying at home, at least for the first year, his job is over this way and financially it makes more sense although he will have to commute and it means I get him for a little bit longer.
At YSP they have converted the deer shelter into an art piece known as sky space. There is technically a hole in the roof that changes on days where there is broken cloud, or it can provide a grey 'picture' or a blue one on blue sky days. We had this velux fitted a couple of years ago and in summer it becomes my sky space.
Hubby spent some time outdoors finishing off a piece of jewellery he was making for me.
We love the skyspace art piece at YSP and our own velux window serves the same purpose for us at home
Another positive if I'm honest.
And finally - stand back in amazement, I managed a scrapbook layout and managed to include a poem that I wrote about who I am to accompany it.
The rest of the week has been a rather grumpy me and a rather hot workplace, so I won't bore you with that. But cool showers in an evening have helped and a couple of decent sized fans.
If you fancy joining me, Kate and Lisca, in celebrating the positive moments and silver linings. Pop a post together, come back and link up and we can come and visit.





4 comments:
I love your skyspace what a great window to look through and view the changing light. the pic of said 18 year old is amazing!
Hi Virginia; it has been too hot here for mu ch relaxing until late evening - 37º in the shade again today, so the fans are just moving hot air around, but at least we can dip in the pool whenever we want to.
That is a really lovely photo of your son. It is a great shame that uni poses
such a huge financial burden for the youngsters, but it sounds as though your lad his head on the right way, and as you say, you get to keep him for a bit longer.
It is great to see your hubby so gainfully employed. I look forward to seeing what he has made.
Don't work too hard while it is so hot. Kate xx
Sorry for the late comment but i commented on my ipad and of course I know that it won't arrive, so lets do it again now I'm home and at my desk top....
I'm so happy for Said 18 yr old that he had the 'You're in' message. That is an achievement. I bet he never thought he'd go to uni. He is going to stay home for the first year, so you are a happy mummy. He will commute. Is it far? Where does he need to go?
You have a wonderful hubby. He makes you jewelry and he also gives you reflexology. I do miss my reflexology that I used to have in the UK.Although I did not have any particular complaint, I did suffer from depression and it helped just being pampered. She would also give me advice if she thought a particular organ wasn't doing as well as it should.
What a lovely page of yourself. It's a great photo to start with and your poem is so personal. Well done for having the guts to do that. Kudos!
I hear you are having a heatwave in England. I can imagine you will be spending a lot of time in your lovely garden.
Have a great weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca
Yes it has been "stifling" in all areas this week, but the rain is back and us Yorkshire folk can relax again hahahaha :D Love that photo of you on your layout..just enough "mysterious" to keep folks guessing(and I couldn't enlarge the pic to read the poem) XXX
Post a Comment