Good morning lovely people, I hope I find you well, tis Friday time for
So first up a picture from the end of last week, sometimes it is nice to acknowledge when you've had a good weekend and we definitely did. So I posted this to my instagram account in acknowledgement. I captured the photo just to clock the positive blue skies.
So first up a lovely evening sat out in the garden on Friday, enjoying the warm summers evening and an al fresco tea.
After all the work we did on the garden the year before last, we really didn't make the most of it last year, but we are trying to make up for that this year.
Hubby surprised me with these, which were a lovely surprise
Saturday and me and hubby headed off back to the county town of Stafford, where we both lived for 14 years. I'd booked us tickets to the play at the castle and a hotel for the night as well as a booking at the first restaurant he ever took me to.
We headed off just after 9am and trundled down, we don't bother with the motorway, pointless as you end up stuck in traffic. So we go the scenic route. We arrived and parked up with time to spare. Got the key to the room (even though we were very early) and headed off to the castle in what appeared plenty of time.
Unfortunately in my infinite wisdom we followed a 'walking route' on google maps and I promptly got us lost. So lost that at one point we did wonder if we would actually make it on time.
Anyway after finding the path with the tallest nastiest nettles you can imagine and getting lost in the farmer's field we did actually make it on time.
this was the set of the play.
This year opting for one set of seating, meaning the set was much closer. They set the play in 1950's New York. It was the main play I studied at school so remember the play intimately. Hubby however didn't know the play particularly and we've never seen it live together, although I remember if from year's ago at school and we have both seen the trial scene in a 'pocket' version. He needn't have worried as they did an awesome job of putting the play together and making it truly engaging.
In the evening we went for a meal, as part of the dessert they provided us with this as they knew it was an anniversary celebration (which I thought was really lovely of them).
Sunday we headed back, passing Chartley Castle, I did a temping job for the owners way back when, they lived in the hall in the same area.
We decided to have a Chatsworth stop off
It is looking seriously lush and they are expanding the walkway in the central part as part of a garden development plan.
We had a lovely day and we both really enjoyed it.
And then we got home and enjoyed some more sunshine
So overall a fabulous weekend was had.
This week the house has been unusually quiet, said 18 year old has been away wish his girlfriend and her family in Cornwall. It has been lovely to see glimpses of their week and I'm looking forward to catching up with them when they get back.
I managed to clear down the annual accounts and I wrote the financial procedures in their entirety in a single day, so as you can imagine I've had a productive week.
I managed to clear down the annual accounts and I wrote the financial procedures in their entirety in a single day, so as you can imagine I've had a productive week.
I hope you've all had a fabulous week, if you fancy joining in pop a post together, come back and link up so we can come and visit.






















3 comments:
WOW what a fantastic weekend you had, love all the pics from it. your garden looks gorgeous, worth all that work, and I am pleased we are getting enough summer now you can enjoy it! glad you enjoyed Kew and HC - thanks for stopping over!
Belated Happy Anniversary! I'm so glad you both had a lovely weekend. You certainly made the most of it.
A weekend in Stafford sounds really nice. A hotel, a show and a nice dinner will do it for me every time. You had me smiling when you dicided to do the ‘walking route’ on Google. We do that sometimes, and when it is in a city with streets, there is no problema, but ‘off road’ so to speak is another matter, Im sure. But you got there.
I don’t know Shakespeare, not having read any of his work (although I know the Romeo and Juliet story, as does everyone) I went on Google (what would we do without it) and read the synopsis. Interesting story. I now also know the meaning of the caskets.
Sounds like you two had a lovely meal out and wasn’t it nice of the restaurant to spoil you with something special on your anniversary. Lovely photos of you and hubby.
I smiled as you mentioned you stopped at Chatsworth. That is definitely your favorite place and you always manage to show me something new. I liked the White sculpture. Is it made of cardboard? Or is it just made to look like that?
Another great photo of you two. Your hair is lovely and long now. You’re looking good kid!
I’m glad you’ve had such a fab weekend and a productive week.
Keep smiling,
Hugs,
Lisca
What a fabulous way to celebrate your anniversary. I love all the photos of flowers and sculptures. You always seem to find something new to show us at Chatsworth.
I do like the Shakespeare festival logo. Its very well put together.
Well done for having such a productive week at work.
I expect you are looking forward to having your son home and hearing about his holiday now. I can't wait for our Ben to get here. He has just got on the sleeper train from Paris. He hates flying, and because he works for the railway he can get here very cheaply by train, but it does take a long time! have a really good week. Kate x
I always our evening sitting outside, and we eat out there too when it is not too hot. breakfast is the best time of day for me to eat outside.
Post a Comment