Good Afternoon lovely people I'm a tad late today, so please accept my apologies but time to clock the silver linings and positive moments from the last seven days for it is time for
Well first up is a lovely catch up with a very old school friend, I haven't seen her in about 6 years and then prior to that was when we were last at college when I was about 17 years old. We had a lovely catch up, a cuppa and a chat about something she wanted to pick my brains about. It was a lovely catch up and something I hope to repeat at some point in the near future.
Then a thoroughly lengthy catch up with my sister in Ikea, we haven't had a proper catch up in what seems like forever so it was brill to have a chat and wander around Ikea, we even stopped at the half way point (even though technically we started there as it's the cafe) and had another drink. I spotted this in the children's section (again) and I really do keep asking myself whether I should buy it as it really calls to me, the better question is, would I actually use it!
Yes it's a loom, I have several peg looms already but not one like this and oh it does look like fun!
Saturday found us with wall to wall rugby, it was interesting and a bit stressful and our match was a farce but hey that's rugby for you, we enjoyed it nonetheless.
We also had an invite out on Saturday night to a neighbour's party who was celebrating her 70th birthday. I've only recently got to know the ladies in the close, despite living here for 15 years. We had a lovely evening although the disco was loud and having a chat almost impossible, we are still glad we went.
Hubby brought these home for me on Sunday, absolutely beautiful (and they are still going strong)!
Sunday was supposed to be bright and sunny but it was anything but as we had hail showers and rain through the day although I did manage to do a bit of weeding. Hubby was sorting a few things out on the car (oil/brake light etc) so he was out and about tootling.
We put braising steak on for tea which was really lovely and said 18 year old's girlfriend came over, had tea and stayed over. We all sat and watched the film Venom on Sunday night which we all enjoyed.
Monday came around soon enough and I worked from home, said 18 year old went over to do some volunteering at a local charity which was lovely of him.
Tuesday found hubby managing a few jobs in the garden which was great, we are trying to get it ready for the summer and so have a few tasks to sort out to get it ready. We had a corrugated plastic roof on our outdoor arbour but two winters with storms has seen two panels lift, so we sat and considered other options, I've ended up buying and sewing some waterproof fabric which should prove interesting, but we've got pressure washing and paint touching up before we hang that.
Wednesday night the lads were at their silversmithing course so I got a little bit of downtime on my own, which I enjoyed.
Yesterday was a crazy day at work, but it flew by and I enjoyed it.
Other positives from this week spring colour in the garden
Several days of beautiful sunrises on my way to work, although I can never capture them as I'm driving!
Enjoyable evening meals and using up what we have in (I'm on a mission to cut down on food waste at the moment and we've done really well this week).
Catching up on my written journal.
That my lovely people was my week, I hope you've had a splendid one, if you fancy joining in pop back link up and we shall come and visit.




5 comments:
I hate it when I see sunsets on the bus home(don't have a car) - don't leave early enough for work for sunrises from Spring on (luckily!) thanks for visiting Kew with me - I look forward to pics from Chatsworth on next week's Rocking! xx
What a lovely post. I do enjoy seeing flowers, and the bunch of flowers from your hubby is gorgeous, as are the flowers in the tub are beautiful too. Spring is here!
It is always nice to catch up with old friends as well as your sister. I don't see my sister that often. We don't have that sort of relationship. But I will see her in June and that will be nice.
Braising steak sounds delish. How do you cook yours? In the slow cooker? Yes, we also try to minimise food waste. We freeze quite a lot, and small portions often end up as a little supper for hubby. He bubble-and-squeaks about everything. I usually cook large portions and freeze half. Once a week we have a freezer day, and I pull a meal out of the freezer. Usually on a Thursday, which is my 'play-day' when I craft all day and can't be bothered to cook.
It will be interesting to see your arbor with the new fabric. I'm sure you will post a photo when it's done.
Have a wonderful weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca
Lovely to hear about your week Virginia, a smile or two as I always did, as I read. Sending love x Michelle
It always surprises and pleases me that we can meet up with a real friend from years ago, and still feel so comfortable with them.
I wish our IKEA was closer. I need Chris to drive me there, and he is not one for browsing. It's find what we went for, buy it, and get out. But my son is over soon and he might take me. His whole flat in Denmark was furnished by IKEA!
We watched a lot of the rugby too. We tend to root for Ireland.
Your flowers from hubby are lovely. Lucky you! And all the spring time colours in the garden are a welcome sight. I can hear all the birds "twitterpating" outside. There is a real feeling of Spring here too. Kate x
Sorry I'm late reading your post again...(got to garden while it's dry) Spent 2 lovely evenings this week already, burning off the winter breakages and prunings under the stars :D I too struggle to pass that little loom it's a real treasure.
Glad you had another refreshing week :) BTW the school next to us has a fabric canopy/awning...and it can get really loud when it starts flapping in the wind, so you might want to test it out XXX
Post a Comment