Morning all, we are in double digits already as we are now on our 10th Friday of 2019, time to take stock look back and find the positive moments and silver linings.
Well first up me and hubby breaking the working week on Friday with a jaunt to the local shopping centre, never the most exciting of places but it was lovely to see HMV back open if I'm honest and we had a lovely time wandering and looking at the goodies, bumping into said 18 year old and his girlfriend who were after a new CD and vinyl album.
On our way up to Waterstones, we spotted a new piece of artwork on a corridor wall that we hadn't seen before so we headed for a closer inspection and I managed a couple of close ups of the doodle wall
I loved the detailed buildings and then the doodles in between
Saturday I had volunteered hubby and said 18 year old to help neighbours tackle an overgrown conifer hedge that the owner had given permission to reduce, albeit without help from himself.
It was a real community effort and within a matter of a few hours the hedge was at a much more sensible level letting in significantly more light and allowing our neighbour access to her patio without the 4 foot overhang. It always confuses me why people insist on growing these so tall if they can't manage them, particular on a small estate when houses and gardens are close together.
The neighbour arrived with bottles of beer for the boys that evening as a big thank you!
Sunday saw me and my Mum enjoying a fabulous craft class at The Craft Box in Elsecar with a lady called Monika Maksym who helped us turn this
Into this
It was a brilliant class that I learnt loads on and I was really pleased with the finished result, not sure what I will keep in it yet, but it was a joy to make!
Here is my Mum having a lovely time early in the class.
I've had a very busy week at work, hindered by a pretty awful virus that I succumbed to last week, followed quickly by hubby and said 18 year old.
Both of them took to their beds on Wednesday but I ploughed on (although that might not have been the wisest of moves)
We did enjoy pancake day though on Tuesday, normally we would make the pancakes dessert, but with us all coming down with a virus, this plate equalled tea, we ate them with sugar or honey, lemon or fruit they will lovely and very naughty!
And that my lovely bunch of people is it for this week, brief I think is the word, but the evenings have been spent dosing whilst my body is fighting this bug and the days have been filled with work so generally quiet.
I hope you've had a fabulous week, if you fancy joining in pop a post together pop back and link up and we can come and visit.








4 comments:
The wall doodle is very intricate and you could spend a long time looking at it.
Sorry you have all had a virus. You probably should have followed the example of your menfolk and had a day or two in bed, but it is never easy when there is a house to run as work to keep up to date with.
I love the box you made. I would have enjoyed that class too. Dragonflies are one of my favourite embellishments.
As we have both been a bit under the weather this week, we made pancakes our main meal on Tuesday and we really enjoyed them.
I couldn't agree more about the conifers. They are just not suited to the average garden. I am glad your neighbour showed her appreciation for all the hard work.
Kate x
I'm sorry to hear you have all got/had a bug. How annoying. Hope that by now it has gone and you are feeling you old self again.
I love the doodle art you found near Waterstones. Was it outside or in the shopping centre? Whatever. I like it a lot.
Oh you have done your neighbourly duty by helping out someone who made unwise choices. Well done. Was it Leylandia? They are usually a tree that people don't realise how quick and how much they grow. Many a neighbourhood 'war' has been fought over Leylandias...
Wow! That altered box looks gorgeous! Well done you. Nice to see your mum enjoying herself too.
I must admit we forgot the pancakes all together. We actually went to eat out in our favorite restaurant, like we do every Tuesday. We don't really observe Lent so no need to use up flour etc. But we do like pancakes so I regret that we forgot!We could have had them for supper. Oh well...
Hope you have a lovely quiet weekend and get better soon,
Hugs,(good that it's a virtual one as i don't want your bug)
Lisca
Hope you are all feeling better now, the class you did with your mum looks fab- love the dragonfly! As for that yummy pile of pancakes.... say no more!
So many viruses about lately, beyond annoying! Haven't visited my mum in the home since New Yea for fear of giving the residents one chest infection or throaty cough :(...on the positive side, hubby was off work this week and we just got stuck into building a greenhouse and raised beds...now just to fill them all lol XXX
Post a Comment