Good afternoon lovely people, tis Friday time to settle back and consider the silver lining and positive moments from the last seven days for it is time for
First up has to be time to craft last week, I managed a gelli plate session and my first ever pallet knife painting with acrylics whilst waiting in for a delivery. My sister said it was instantly recognisable as the statue at Tintagel which pleased me no end as I thought I'd be spending all my time explaining it.
I really enjoyed it, the base was a canvas board, I think a standard stretched canvas may prove more challenging and I'd like to work larger if I'm honest, but for my first attempt I was rather happy with the finished item.
Next up our weekend walks to be the pub are proving much fun it has to be said. With bright blue skies, we are heading out with hiking boots on and walking along the bridle path up by the fields, its a lovely walk and we achieve in excess of 10K steps when we do it.
Next up 6 Nations rugby, we have never been a big sports watching family but rugby is the exception and a national match is always a delight and it was an awesome match.
On Wednesday night when the boys were at their silversmithing class I arranged a meet up with my sister as we would both have been home alone watching TV, plus we had gifts to buy and birthday cards to resolve.
We met up, sorted gifts and presents before heading for a meal at Tapas Revolution, that neither of us had been to before. We ordered a shared meal for two and drinks, this is the homemade lemonade that I ordered which was lovely.
We sat and put the world to rights for a couple of hours before venturing back into the shopping centre. We were about to part company when I said we hadn't managed to get a decent photo of the trip, so we grabbed a chair and after several selfies taken by my sister had a selection to go at, but my favourite by a long shot was one where she used filters, we were literally laughing out loud
I got home to find hubby had bought me flowers in preparation of Valentine's Day
Which looked even better in the daylight yesterday morning
As it was also hubby's birthday yesterday we went out for breakfast to the local garden centre
and then in the afternoon we went for our walk up to the pub again (well it was such a beautiful day)
We sat out in the empty beer garden, I was really thirsty so ordered pop as well
We walked back and had a few hours with said 18 year old before he headed off out with his girlfriend and we settled down to a Valentine's meal courtesy of Morrisons dine in for two type deal, it was a lovely evening.
I hope you've had a great week, if you fancy joining in pop a post together, pop back, link up and we can come and visit.









4 comments:
That's a good week Virginia. You sound more upbeat. Your flowers are beautiful, and the meal in is also a win win for me.
I do admire all the walking you do. Sadly I can't manage it very often these days.
It is good to try a new technique and I like the texture you can achieve with acrylics. I feel the same satisfaction when I master a new technique in crochet.
I hope you have another good week. Kate x
Oh what a lovely week youhave had! And such a good idea to walk to the pub. Have a drink and then go back. No worries about the calories as you walk them straight off again!
Well done on the palet knife painting. Clever you!
Those roses are beautiful! We personally don't celebrate Valentines day. But there is a marquee in the village as there would have been music and dancing. And there are flowers for sale in the supermarket. Although no cards. The Spanish don't 'do' cards.
Great selfie! Did you really wear those pompoms or did you add them digitally? It made me smile anyway.
Have a lovely weekend,
I hope the weather is kind to you.
Keep smiling,
Lisca
I love the sky pics (as you know, they are a big thing with me) and the palette knife painting is great - I don't know the statue (been years since I went to Tintagel and then only briefly) but it's very impressive. Have a lovely weekend (you'll never guess where I'm going!)
WOW That painting is just fabulous! I totally recognised it...very magical...just like your week XXX
Post a Comment