Good afternoon lovely people tis Friday time to clock the silver linings, positive moments that made up the week.
So first up is me back to scrapbooking, for those that follow my blog may remember this sequence of photos of my niece and said 18 year old, my niece was adding sugar to her drink and fired the sugar across the table, the layout actually makes me laugh out loud!
I'm officially ridiculously behind on scrapbooking, but I'm determined to catch up this year, so here is another from the summer said 18 year old finished school, this was him burning the school books!
Another, this time when he was raising money from the MS Society as part of his social action, giving back for National Citizen Service (NCS)
One of my, my Mum and sister at Chatsworth
Another one from last year, again a double page layout, the Man Engine from Cornwall at the local heritage centre, we had a spectacular, moonlit night!
En plein air painting at Chatsworth last summer
Finally stir it up Sunday for 2017 (yes two years ago)
We managed a walk on Sunday but the winds were really high (50 miles per hour gusts), so despite the fact this photo looks idyllic we were absolutely frozen
Monday night and went out with the ladies off the close that I live on, I don't know them very well despite living here since 2004 but it is lovely to go out and have a natter even if the conversation is predominantly about random things like the new bin collection and potential new neighbours.
Overall it has been quite a tough week again, mainly because I haven't had a lot of mental downtime, but I'm determined to try and get back on an even keel and have been actively writing in my self journals
I've had a mighty busy week work wise, I managed to capture this picture of the stained glass window on the landing as the sun shone through mid week.
However yesterday was a very different matter, I got to work and despite it just being frosty at home, we had a fine dusting of snow at work, which was lovely apart from the frozen padlock which made it impossible to get into work, despite my feeble attempts including using de-icer. Thankfully a work colleague arrived within 20 minutes and with a set of pliers managed to get the padlock working so we could actually get into work.
It stayed this pretty all day long!
The cobweb photo, I took when I was still stuck outside work
And this was the view from the car.
Eventually I was in and I managed to get this photo
A close up of the frosty leaves
And I loved this one, a true winter wonderland overlooking the canal
The rest of the week has been busy overall and I got to see a very special person who I haven't seen for a couple of weeks last night. She's going through a bit of a tough time at the moment so it was really lovely to catch up and have a proper chat with her. I'm hoping I get to see her again really soon.
Other positives, family group hugs, said 18 year being more chatty which is always a positive.
And that my lovely people is that, I hope you've had a grand week, if you fancy joining in pop a post together, pop back and link up and we shall come and visit.

















4 comments:
I'm writing this on my desktop computer as I am convinced that my comments don't arrive. Please know that I always comment, even if it is sometimes a day late as we are always away on Tuesdays. I love reading your blog and hear about what you have been doing in the week, and looking at the photos of sculptures and seeing Said 18 yr old growing up.
The stained glass window is beautiful. What a palaver to get into work. And really not what you need on a cold morning.
You have been very prolific doing your scrapbooking. I only got one done. But I also did quite a few cluster collages made of scraps using the sewing machine. (see this coming Tuesday's blog). I like your pages and especially the sugar bag scene. You've kept all the photos together storybook fashion and I could picture the scenario perfectly. So funny.
Like you, I am very much behind and am doing photos from 2016/17. I had 100 photos printed from that period and told myself to scrapbook them all. (I have about 10 to go).
The photos of the snow and ice are beautiful. I know, the thaw is not so beautiful when it all goes slushy. Half the world seems to be in the snow this winter. Except us, we are having storms and rain.The wind is literally howling and hubby had to drive me to the gym (I normally walk).
Your self-care journal looks interesting. I too am prone to depressions and have been on medication years back. Since then I have been using a light box in winter which keeps it at bay, but i still get off days. My hubby is very good. He reads my like a book.
That's it from me,
Have a good weekend,
Stay safe with all that snow and ice,
Lisca
Oooow there is nothing prettier than a "hoary" frost on leaves..extra specially magical. Perfect day for hot chocolate and wood smoke *feeling very Narnian*.
Loving all the memories on your scrap pages too. XXX
I love your snow pics; we had barely any here last night and it's all got washed away by rain today (was hoping for Kew in the snow tomorrow!) hope you have a better week next week with some chill time!
I love all your scrapbook pages, preserving some precious memories. I really want to do more, but there just doesn't seem to be enough time.
I love all the snowy photos though it was a pain to have mess around in the cold trying to get into work. The ice particularly makes all the trees, and spider webs look so beautiful. But it makes me so sad for all those less then fortunate than us who have no warm home to go to. I was so glad to see there have been some initiatives to get them off the streets during this cold patch.
The stained glass window is beautiful. You managed to pick up good strong colours in your photo.
Time passed with an old friend is a happy time.
Stay warm this week. Kate x
Post a Comment