Morning all
Tis Friday time for
Well it has been a funny old week, I've technically not been working, so you'd think I'd got loads done, but the more time you have the more time things seem to take so it has been a rather quiet and leisurely one.
First up last Friday, hubby was due to leave work early, we were going to pop and get some things sorted and pop to Ikea (I know you are rolling your eyes, but we like it).
But we discovered as he was leaving work that the motorway was shut and there was gridlock, once he got home he really didn't fancy venturing too far, but we definitely needed to feed said 18 year old. So we decided on an impromptu meal out at the local (within walking distance) pub.
We had a lovely meal, we all really enjoyed it, although the service was incredibly slow. Thankfully we had plenty of time and they really weren't busy.
They've redecorated the pub and its all clean and modern looking and its nice that we have somewhere within walking distance that serves food.
Saturday morning and said 18 year old who hadn't finished work until 1am, needed to be up and at a local Christmas fayre that he had volunteered for.
We decided to venture off to the cinema to see the next Fantastic Beasts film. As avid Harry Potter fans we had a fabulous time and really enjoyed it, we even had a Starbucks coffee before we went in. My sister came and so did my niece, so afterwards we sat and put the world to rights for a while (enjoying another Starbucks as you do), needless to say too much talking no photo taking, I must get better at that side of things!
Sunday was a strange day, said 18 year old had come in from work at 2.30am with strict instructions to leave him to wake naturally, hubby decided he 'needed' to go and buy Christmas presents so he left me at home making mini books, which was lovely. However, when Monday dawned and I had another day just mooching around the house I started to realise I was four walling it (you know where you are tired of the same four walls).
Anyway, Tuesday I was definitely feeling it and actually used the word 'bored' (most unlike me) on the family whatsapp group, my sister rang me literally laughing down the phone at me and agreed to meet up for a coffee at the local garden centre. We had several hours of good sisterly chat and all was right with the world again.
Outside all the Christmas trees were lined up in a row ready to be purchased.
I've had a mix of busy work things to sort (a whole day on Wednesday working on a global budget which still isn't quite done), time at home crafting and sorting and time with people whether it be a message, a phone call, or meet up and to be honest it has been lovely.
I've received some fabulous cards from people - Gina thank you, your card is beautiful and will be kept in my Christmas journal xxx
I had a phone call from a long lost childhood friend and we talked for an hour about life the universe and everything.
I had a message from a school friend telling me that my annual newsletter had been kept, read and savoured and she could see how she was going to make her way through her busiest day of the year as a result. It is always lovely to hear that I've made a difference, sometimes in life we don't know what ripples occur when we say or do something, so if there is anything to be in life it is definitely to be kind.
I had a night out with the ladies from the close we live on, thankfully there were three of us not drinking so I didn't feel too conspicuous drinking lime and soda. It was a brilliant night out which I thoroughly enjoyed and look forward to our next catch up.
I made friends with a long lost relative on Facebook, so that was another positive, really and truly this week has been one about connection.
I had a mammoth catch up with my Mum on the phone yesterday and then saw her in person and my brother yesterday afternoon, albeit only for a short spell.
So overall a positive, communicative week.
I have also enjoyed just relaxing on the sofa, where I captured this photo.
And that my lovely people is your lot, I hope you've had a grand week, if you fancy joining in pop back and link up.

3 comments:
Glad you've had a good week I haven't seen either of the fantastic beasts films, am waiting for them to come on the tv!!Just getting ready for the office party...
Sorry for being so late to comment. It wasmy hubby's birthday yesterday and we went out all evening. Didn't comehome until 1 am. (a good time was had by all)
Great that you re-discovered the local pub. The tree wall paper looks nice and I'm sure it makes the place look lighter.
I know nothing about 'beast' films as we don't (can't) go to the cinema, but I'm glad you both enjoyed it. Yes, we treat ourselves to a Starbucks when we are back in civilisation. We will be at the airport on Tuesday, so that will be our Starbucks treat then.
You have been connecting and re-connecting, communicating and climbing the wall when you couldn't. What would we do without our phones! (or social media)
I hope your weekend is equally good, and that you eventually get that dreaded global budget done.
Hugs,
Lisca
Sometimes just cruising along waving at people is the best way to relax and take stock :D Glad you liked the card, haven't made any for a few years cos hubby never hands them out. You and Brenda both inspired me to get back into it. XXX
Post a Comment