Good Morning Lovely People, tis Friday time for
Well the weather is definitely turning cooler and we found ourselves looking for something to do last weekend, we decided to head back to Chatsworth as their Christmas fayre had opened, we know of old that we needed to get there early in order to be able to get to the stalls.
We had a lovely few hours wandering up and down, chatting to the stallholders and trying a few of the items.
I bought a sour cherry, hibiscus and red grape cordial for Christmas, hubby got a couple of bottles of beer from a Stone based brewery. We also got some flavoured salt grinders from a Scottish company and had a fabulous chat with an amazing lady on the crystal stall!
It was good for the soul!
We decided (given that we are members), to enjoy another walk around the house minus main camera to enjoy the decorations, this was the only photo I took before we got to the sculpture gallery (where my phone's battery had died last week).
There were a few additions this week, including the technology working better this week, including the magic mirror in the sculpture gallery.
Outside, it was dry and cool, we grabbed a cuppa and pasty and sat in Flora's temple to enjoy, before we went for a walk around the gardens.
The copper colours are at a premium at the moment, but the walking lady statue in the trees must be haunting if you see it at night!
The view down the valley is amazing!
We grabbed a selfie in the bright sunshine!
The coppers were beautiful looking down towards the ornamental pond
We found a different viewpoint of the maze for a change
And had a great view of the house up by the weeping willow tree
I don't think I've ever seen the cascade empty!
As the day grew to a close, we headed back out of the garden.
On the way home the colours were stunning!
With fabulous edge of the world shots at the top!
It was a fabulous day and we really enjoyed it, overall the weekend was lovely albeit quiet.
Monday morning I arranged to meet my sister for a catch up, she'd come over on the Sunday for a catch up, but I was making the most of her having some annual leave!
We met in Ikea (I was very good and had a fruit salad), we sat and chatted for a few hours and said 18 year old came with us.
The rest of the week has been mighty busy, work was busy busy busy but that's always the case.
Today being Thursday I've taken a day's lieu time and enjoyed working on homemade Christmas gifts which I can't share until a later point in the year.
I hope you've all had a fabulous week, if you fancy joining in pop back and link up and we can come and visit.

2 comments:
Sometimes it's just nice to take a break from the hustle and bustle of the season...coffee and pasties is our go to picnic too :D, just sitting and watching the world go by XXX
Hi Virginia. I was getting worried when there was no post from you, and was hoping everything was OK with you. I see you posted this on Monday but it has only just shown up in my reading list. I straight way linked my blog and then realised you had already done it. Doh! So do remove one if you can.
It sounds as though you had a lovely weekend. The market sounds fun with several nice purchased made.
I love all the copper colours in the trees. We don't see that out here, so I did enjoy it in UK and Denmark. Amazingly it is almost time for my next post. Another week is flying by. Enjoy what is left of it. Kate x
Post a Comment