Good morning lovely people, time to celebrate the positive moments and silver linings in our week as it is time for
First up a lovely celebratory meal out with my Mum last Friday
We went to a place we haven't visited before and had a fantastic night out, really lovely company and really lovely food!
I managed to get a shot of the two birthday people
And one of me and my little sis
And one of my niece and her boyfriend
Said 18 year old and his girlfriend were there but next to me so I didn't manage a photo of them, must try harder!
Saturday saw us venturing out to catch up with lil bro and co
I took two dreadful pictures, but still managed to document the catch up - sort of nearly almost
Sunday we had an invite to a family Christening, it was such a lovely celebration and I'm really glad I went as I managed to catch up with cousins my Aunty and Uncle
The service was lovely and the do afterwards was in a really beautiful venue.
Monday saw me catching up with an old work colleague it must be a year since we saw one another, but it is always good to have a catch up and a proper natter and put the world to rights.
Tuesday I went to town with Mum to have another proper catch up, we sat drinking coffee at a lovely Italian on the High Street, then had a wander before ending back at the same place for a bite to eat for lunch. It was really good to catch up.
As I've been off this week (and hubby hasn't) I've also managed to find some crafting time, which is always good for the soul, mind you I was mighty rusty to begin with, but soon got into my stride.
I did loads of scrapbook layouts including our first art journal weekend at the local craft shop with Kate Crane, said 18 year old did insist on going off at a tangent, whenever Kate suggested we don't do something he had to experiment to find out why - I don't know who he takes after!
Then Wednesday night we got cheap as chip tickets for an ice hockey match, it was a grand night out but pretty poor score board at the end of the night. We enjoyed it nonetheless.
And that lovely people brings me to today, which is Thursday, I'm preparing my post in advance as I have a lot to sort tomorrow and didn't want it being its usual late self, it's amazing what you can get done when you have time for yourself!
I hope you've had a fabulous week and that you've managed to find the silver linings, if you fancy joining in pop a post together, pop back link up and we can come and visit!
Kate and Lisca I hope you've both had a beautiful and blessed week.







4 comments:
sounds like you have had a fabulous and relaxing week, getting in lots.
What lovely relaxed and fun week :D Gad you finally got some crafting time, your pages always look so wonderful XXX
Hi Good morning! It's great to be able to read your post in the morning. And what a great post it is. You've been off work so you have done lots of nice things.
Isn't it great to get together with the whole family. Looking at all the photos over the years, I feel like I know them all (apart from their names of course).
Lovely that you had time to do some scrapboking. I love those big circles. Do you cut them yourself or do you buy them like that? I have done some scrapbooking as well but I forgot to put the photos on my blog. I will probably put them up on Tuesday. I have started doing pocket letters. Have you heard of that? You make ATCs the size of a collector's card and put them in a plastic folder that holds nine of those. Then behind each of the cards you put goodies such as ribbon or die cuts or embellishments, and one must contain a letter. Some people add a tea bag. Anyway, this whole thing gets sent to a swap partner and you receive one in return.
I have found swap partners in Europe and am busy making my first two pocket letters. It's fun. I will blog about it when I have sent one off.
Good to see your mum so well. Happy belated birthday to her (and your hubby).
I didn't know there was an ice hockey rink in Sheffield. I bet it was fun. I have never watched ice hockey, but I assume it is more exciting than normal hockey.
Have a wonderful weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca
Lots of happy events to write about this week Virginia. A double birthday celbration for a start. I am always wary of visiting a new place for a special event, but it sounds as thought this one was a good choice.
The time spent with Mum sounds special and very precious. I don't drink coffee at all, but that does look rather good!
Well done on more scrapbooking. I am way further behind than you, but one day I'll get back to it.
I am glad you had such a lovely week off. Back to the grind stone next week, but I am sure you will find plenty of silver linings in that too. Kate xx
Post a Comment