Morning all I hope you've all had a wonderful week, time to clock the positive moments and silver linings over the last seven days.
Well last Friday we had had a lovely chilled day and neither of us fancied cooking so we ordered in which was incredibly naughty but very very tasty and because there was so much we had it for two evening meals so more cost effective.
At the weekend we decided to pop to Wentworth Woodhouse for a venture, we have our membership cards and so we put them through their paces. We wandered the house but there wasn't anything new to see but we did enjoy wandering around the gardens.
These irises were stunning the colours absolutely beautiful, this one was my favourite colourway
we also saw delphiniums
and plenty of rhododendrons flowering
a new woven sculpture in the 'forest of bewilderment'
quick selfie in front of this pink beauty
and we enjoyed the flowers in the mulberry garden which has been replanted
the sight was beautiful and the smells from the roses absolutely superb.
I think this was my favourite rhododendron
We then headed in to the cafe and shared two slices of cake, a lemon and blueberry cake and this one was a Bakewell cake and it was absolutely beautiful.
On Sunday we headed to YSP for a wander, the weather was kind so we made the most of it.
We saw some goslings on our travels, they were very cute
it was fairly breezy over the water
one of the sculptures partially submerged
selfie in the woods
enjoying the woodland walk
we stopped for a coffee and cake
and found a new sculpture, which we think belongs to the new exhibition due to open mid-June.
Monday and Tuesday I worked from home and had very busy days. I finished my latest crocheted item on Monday night in time to present it to my lovely daughter-in-law who has a love of bright colours, she was over the moon with it and I was very happy with my second garment. She visited on Tuesday night with our son and grandson as they came for tea, it was lovely to have a natter and catch up.
On Wednesday we went to see 'Dirty Dusting' by a local am-dram group. It was very funny and the three main characters (there were only four) had an awful lot of lines to learn but they did splendidly and didn't miss a beat, it made for a fun end of working week it has to be said.
And that my lovely people are the positive moments and silver linings from the last 7 days, I hope yours have been good too.
Hugs











.jpg)












2 comments:
yes, you've had a gentle week. Good weather too looking at the photos. The sculpture park is always a nice walk and Wentworth Woodhouse is beautiful too.
I'm sitting in the patio while workmen are installing air conditioning in my living quarters. (had them in yesterday for the top flat), so it's an expensive month for me but I will be so much more comfortable this summer.
Enjoy your weekend,
Lisca
I was looking out for your post and still missed it! Another lovely week - always nice to see visits to Wentworth and YSP, the cakes all look yummy!! Have a great weekend. Helen
Post a Comment