Morning all the downside of being off is that I genuinely didn't realise yesterday was Friday, so apologies for the tardiness.
So Thursday 18 December 2025, myself hubby and my sister went to the local college restaurant for a Christmas meal which was lovely.
We all had a soup starter served in teacups
Then I opted for goats cheese tart - which looked like a cake when it arrived
and hubby and sister went for the Ham hock terrine with brioche and caramelised onion relish
We all opted for the turkey main which also came with seasonal vegetables
and hubby had the Christmas pudding
We had a really lovely night out.
On the Friday me and hubby went to Nostell, we were hoping our d-in-law could come but Doctor's appointments meant she had to cry off.
We saw the gingerbread room done out in the theme of Narnia
and the dolls house
the beautiful Christmas trees
and the dolls house

Whilst it was lovely I was glad it was part of our membership because it really didn't take very long to walk around it I'm honest.
Saturday and I'd organised for a few of us girls to come together to make indoors wreaths for the home. We had a lovely time making the wreaths, me, my sister and niece, my d-in-law and her Mum and we roped said 25 year old and hubby in when the lights proved beyond entertaining.
We also combined it with a belated baby shower and renamed it a 'Hello Baby' party
Sunday and we headed to YSP we knew there were three new installations.
The first on the hillside replaces the Robert Indiana 'LOVE' sculpture which I still miss
The second Helen will know well and has been placed in the chapel, we sat for ages, in fact I could have stayed to watch it all day
Back out in the park we wandered to the other side of the lake to be amongst the trees
We spotted the 'Oak King' and the 'Holly King' flourishing side by side
the holly was so vibrant
then the Camellia house was open for a Damian Hirst piece, very similar to the one that used to reside in Chatsworth but slightly different.
Then we stopped for a latte and a crumble topped mince pie, we sat outside under the big umbrella and it was joyous.
Suddenly Christmas was upon us
My sister wanted some advice on icing a cake, she face timed me and had me in hysterics when neither the marzipan or icing fitted the cake, she ended up going and buying more icing and this cake weighed in at 11lb 2oz when completed (I kid you not), I'll show the subtle screenshot I took as opposed to the sweary fingers one that will eventually make a scrapbook page.
Then Christmas day was upon us, the table was set for 9 people (although I kept setting a 10th place, hubby said it was for my Mum and I almost kept it).
A photo of us before everyone descended.
My d-in-law and grandson, look at that smile
And here she is feeding him in the other room.
then the Christmas day photos my brother's fiancée, my step-Dad and my sister
The rest of us
and another photo from when we were all eating lunch
the best Christmas present any of us could ask for
Unfortunately my brother wasn't feeling 100% so him and his other half didn't stay too long and headed off late afternoon, then we had a mass present unwrapping, I sorted puddings and hubby flamed my homemade Christmas pudding
and then everyone headed home around the 8.30pm mark, it had been a very long day, said 25 year old, d-in-law and grandson stayed as my grandson was due another bottle they were here until around 9.30pm then they headed off and we headed to bed, absolutely shattered but my cup runneth over and I feel immensely grateful for such a wonderful family filled day.
And that is the week that was.


























.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
1 comment:
oh wow! what a week - fabulous photos, your Christmas looks fantastic; how special that you were all able to be together. How nice to see that gorgeous installation again, I am glad you enjoyed it - it was definitely mesmerising wasn't it!
Post a Comment