Sunday, 26 October 2025

ROCKING YOUR WORLD FRIDAY - 43RD OF 2025

 It's not Friday and it is definitely not Saturday but I'm still doing


So last Friday we went to Sheffield to see the touring show of 'The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe' with hubby and my sister. 


As a child this was my sister's favourite story book (although she did confess to having not read the whole series when we were there).  It was a great adaptation which we all enjoyed and made for a fun afternoon.

Then we had a sneaky visit to see our grandson taking my sister with us, I had a feeling there was a barrier to visiting because the last time she was there at the hospital was when my Mum was poorly and then obviously when she passed away, so to help get over that hurdle we took her and had a flying visit where she was finally introduced to her Great Nephew. 

On Saturday we had an early start and headed northwards to York for the Ghost in the Garden trail.  We had fun trying to find them around York, too many to locate all in the day, hampered by our occasional wander in to a shop to browse, but it was a fabulous day out that we all enjoyed. 

Many of the ghosts were the same as last year, this Knight remaining one of our favourites from both last year and this year's visit. 


This was a new one and made us all smile, the ghost of a ghost


The ghost with the plague mask was also amazing


We also found a beautiful church off Goodsramgate that we'd never seen before and had a wander.  They had a trail for children of these carved mice which were cute. 


We also wandered the Shambles and managed a photo of the butcher throwing his waste onto the street which we missed last year. 


It was as always an exhausting day but one that we all really enjoyed. 

Needless to say Sunday was definitely a day of rest, we chilled and read and watched TV and genuinely didn't do too much which was a nice change from the busy couple of days that we had had. 

Monday and work beckoned, I was working from home and finally got to the bottom of the inbox before working on some budget review documents which I'm making progress with. 

I was in the office on Tuesday which made a nice change, three back to back meetings much needed but that did leave me lacking on time again.  So Wednesday was spent back at home doing a mass catch up and making good progress.

I saw a post the other day of how close Christmas is and I'm mentally going into slight panic mode.  I am one of those that is usually really organised and often head into November with little to sort if I'm truthful.  However, this year I've decided to embrace autumn, which is great apart from the lack of Christmas preparations.  As we head into the last week of October I do wonder if I will be in full blown panic mode come November or if this year I can just go with the flow. How about you, still trying to embrace autumn or uber organisation and embracing all things Christmas already.

I hope you've had a fabulous week (and a bit) and promise to catch up with blogs as soon as I have the time. 

Hugs

1 comment:

Helen said...

Good to see your Rocking post, never mind it's late! I love York and the Ghost trail looks fun, I remember you talking about it last year. I am trying to embrace autumn (at Kew, obviously!) - the colours have been amazing - but am cracking on with Christmas cards too - just been mounting and layering some pre-stamped pieces from a few weeks ago... doesn't time fly, how can it nearly be November already! Have a great week and hope your grandson is doing well. Helen xx