Evening all tis Friday time for
So the reason for the missing post last Friday was because we set off for a week's holiday to Herefordshire.
We stayed in a Shepherd's hut which was lovely, very basic, but lovely nonetheless. It had a hot tub, the shed next to it had an extra fridge, clothes rails, recycling etc and the hut itself had a kitchenette, a very large comfortable bed and bathroom. Here I am enjoying the outdoor space.
And this was our view (I loved the tree)
On the Saturday we headed to Canwood gallery to have a mooch around, we've been once before and really enjoyed it and it wasn't too far from where we were.
This art piece is actually charcoal, which I thought was amazing.
There was also this giant piece of artwork and underneath
were these ducks
Outside, there were plenty of sculptures to enjoy including this rather grumpy looking stag.
And the original working art piece from Chatsworth house, still working incredibly well after all the repairs they carried out.
Hubby made me pose with the giant tennis racket, I'm not actually touching it believe it or not.
Inside the barn was this painting which irritated hubby as he felt they had hung it upside down (until I pointed out there were painty drip marks going in both directions).
When we got back we enjoyed the golden hour, we had neighbours of horses two fields across and sheep next to us and three fields away.
And we were treated to this beautiful sunset.
On the Sunday we had a day of rest and genuinely stayed put which was bliss, we drank tea, used the hot tub, enjoyed the beautiful views and read all day and with no wi-fi enjoyed a digital detox.
On Monday we headed to Clearwell caves who have a summer art exhibition on.
This one was called light and was around the artist suffering with migraines exacerbated by light.
This was our favourite of the day, it looked so fabulous against the ochres in the cave.
These were great too.
This was Stik painted on the cave walls using the natural ochres that occur at Clearwell
And these were strange disney-esque sculptures, Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto and Donald.
We also loved this one which was really atmospheric.
After Clearwell we headed two minutes down the road to Puzzlewood, which was fabulous but also very very dry.
Hubby got this photo of me
The tree canopy provided a reprieve from the weather.
And when we got back we had new neighbours for the night.
I'm going to leave the rest of the week we had away until next week, because what normally happens is that we have a very quiet weekend whilst catching up on jobs so if I save part of our week away until next week it will at least have some photos to enjoy.
I hope you've had a great week.
Hugs

1 comment:
Great to see you out and enjoying some relaxing time and new places (to me anyway!!) Take care and happy Friday! Helen xx
Post a Comment