Friday, 7 June 2024

ROCKING YOUR WORLD FRIDAY - 23RD OF 2024

 Morning lovely people tis Friday time for


We had a lovely trip out on Saturday, we went to Wentworth Castle, we only have access to the garden as the original house is still used as a college, but we did enjoy a walk around.  Included in the gardens is the now renovated conservatory


The birds of paradise plant was in all its fully glory


The Lime Tree walk looking particularly pretty


We grabbed a selfie on our meander


The original Stainborough Castle built as a play castle for the kids (I kid you not)


and eventually the blue skies arrived


Sunday and another fine day so we ventured to YSP we enjoyed breakfast and then had a good walk




We came home and as it is volunteers week this week I did some baking with hubby which were very well received, raspberry and white chocolate muffins, cinnamon cake and a lemon drizzle cake.


The working week tripped along at a merry pace, my hubby had a hospital appointment following his recent surgery.  The removed thyroid nodule and half thyroid were found to be just an overgrown nodule and nothing else, which was fantastic to hear.  They did find a micro cancer but apparently these are so tiny and don't do anything, so they are going to discuss it again at MTD, but provided they are happy they will just check his thyroid levels and then if all is good he will be discharged.

Wednesday was my sister's birthday so as a celebration for the good news at the hospital and for her birthday we took her out for a meal, it was a lovely evening which I really enjoyed.  


Lots of positives this week lovely people, I hope yours has been grand too. 


2 comments:

Helen said...

Great to hear the news about hubby, how relieved you must both be. Lovedthe pics from Wentworth and YSP as always. Hope you have something good planned for this weekend too. xx Helen

mamapez5 said...

My visitors have returned home now so I am having a quick catchup before preparing tomorrow's post! What a lovely week you had. I guess most children would be over the moon to have a play castle like that one. The bushes of purple rhodedendrons remind me of our basic purple bougainvillea. Our bird of paradise is flowering now but ours is 'nicosiana' which has white flowers with a pale blue throat. It is quite impressive but I would like to have the more usual orange one. It is much more showy.
The baking looks like a good day's work and very yummy. Kate x