Tis Tuesday and I'm exceptionally late for my Rocking post, but determined to do it nonetheless.
Well it was an exceptionally busy week last week, I was technically finishing my job of 10 years on Thursday, but having had the passing of my Mum recently and taking some bereavement leave, I was behind on closing the year end down, something that I genuinely wanted to do before leaving.
Therefore I set to working around the clock, occasionally stopping for tea, the process is something I normally start in January and drip feed documents into the file as I go, alas that wasn't to be this year, so I quite literally started the process last Monday, my first day back in work after my Mum had passed.
I worked solidly all week and by the time I finished on Monday morning this week at around 10am, I had completed 77 hours of work and the file was done. I'd tidied up emails, said fond farewells by email to people I will genuinely miss and then dropped my files off, lots of post it notes, handed keys to one of the workers and left before most people had arrived. Not a fanfare on leaving, I simply sauntered away, glad to close a chapter of my work life if truth be told and move on to pastures new.
I now have a little time to decompress and in all honestly, start to grieve properly, something I thought I'd started to do, but don't think I actually have.
So why have I included this on my rocking post leaving a job I obviously no longer love but feel saddened to leave you may ask, because it represents freedom and change and moving forward rather than being stuck.
On Wednesday last week my best friend from school popped to see me, I say popped she was visiting family in the neighbourhood which is a good job as she lives over 400 miles away. It was good for the soul to meet up and chat and talk about what had happened, talk about loved ones that have left us, talk about how sad it leaves us and that the hole of grief in our lives never changes, but our life around that grief does, this is when I started to realise I'm only just starting to process things properly and I genuinely adored the meet up despite the half box of tissues I used crying during the evening, the talk was most definitely good for my soul.
I also had a board member at work check in on me and hubby last week which was a blessing and a volunteer who gave his condolences and a hug when I needed it most, I feel very blessed to have such lovely people in my life.
And that my lovely people is it for that week a line drawn as it were, but one that I feel was most definitely needed.

1 comment:
Good to catch up with your week, and good luck in your next venture. Sounds like the catch up you had with your friend was just what you needed. Hope you have good week. Helen xx
Post a Comment