Friday, 23 June 2023

ROCKING YOUR WORLD FRIDAY - 25TH OF 2023

 Good morning lovely people tis Friday time for 

Well last weekend was a busy one as always.  Friday we were in work to cover a boat trip, it was a lovely trip with a family I know so that made it even nicer.  We had beautiful weather for it and spent 3 hours meandering the beautiful local canals and rivers. 

When I got back to work I had a few things to finish off before we could head off.

Me and hubby then made our way down to the local shopping centre as hubby was still in need of a wedding suit.  We headed to the shop he wanted to check out and after a little help from the shop staff hubby tried on a suit that he liked got a shirt and tie to match and some shoes, all in one shop, it was not the cheapest of shopping trips but very much needed, then we headed to body shop so I could get some help on some skin care and some new foundation before venturing to the Tapas place for tea, we couldn't make our minds up, so kept it simple by ordering a set menu and then ordering a sharing dessert, all of which was lovely. 



Then I managed to find a handbag for the wedding and some potential shoes, so it was an fruitful shopping visit. 

Saturday proved to be a very long day, I wrote a lengthy to do list and we commenced around 10.30am and kept going until 8.30pm when I started to make tea.  However all the door on the stairs are now changed including new handles and I finished touching up the paintwork.  I also managed to have a good clean through the house, sort washing out, sorted our books out so I was busy all day as was hubby.

The only relaxing part of the day was when said 22 year old and his fiancee popped in, they'd come back from a few days at Cornwall and wanted to touch base.  We had a lovely chat and they brought goodies for hubby for Father's day as well as a beautiful bunch of flowers for me and a 0% cider.  

This meant that Sunday which was Father's day was a much more laid back day, although we did get woken with one of the loudest thunderstorms I have ever heard which went on for some time. 

We had a cuppa and then managed to get some more sleep. 

We woke I made pancakes for breakfast and then we headed to see my Mum.  We had a cuppa and a catch up, she's not fairing well at the moment and has a rubbish week coming up, health care appointment blood test, oncologist appointment and then chemo, so she is definitely feeling a bit low currently. 

We then headed outside to help her replant some tomato plants that she had that were getting spindly because they'd not been planted on.  She already had a grow bag and she's decided to plant them in a deeper container this year but there wasn't quite enough compost.  She suggested using some of her old potato sack compost and wanted to look to see if there were any potatoes that had grown this year that were worth harvesting.

This is a photo of the two of them foraging for potatoes, some of them were tiny but they had fun finding them and then we topped up the tomato plants before heading home. 


Hubby then prepared our slow cooker tea whilst I went around touching up paintwork and sorting a few computer tasks out and then we showered before heading to watch a film (John Wick 4, hubby's choice not my cup of tea a wee bit too violent for the sake of it in my book).  

The rest of the week has been a busy one work wise, I've been working from home as I've got some big spreadsheet work to deal with, but it has been productive nonetheless. 

And then I find myself back at Friday, I hope you've had a good week. 

Hugs

2 comments:

Helen said...

sorry I am late visiting, I was off work this week and out for days most of the time and recovering in the evenings! I wish your Mum a good week and hope the appointments go well, and of course the chemo. Hope you have an easier weekend coming. Helen xx

mamapez5 said...

Oh Virginia I am out of breath just reading this. You never seem to stop. But what a lot of good things were achieved. Definitely a positive to get all that shopping done in one trip. That must have been very satisfying.
At least the river trip looks nice and tranquil.
I am sorry mum is having a hard time right now. I expect she is finding the warmer weather and storms quite trying too. I will keep her on my prayer list.
I hope this week isn't quite so frantic for you all. Kate x