Friday, 17 February 2023

ROCKING YOUR WORLD FRIDAY - 7TH OF 2023

 Morning tis Friday time to clock the silver linings and positive moments over the last 7 days


So last Friday signalled our first day of annual leave, it didn't bode particularly well when we both woke to a cold, but we continued on regardless.  I still had areas of the house needing a deep clean, the dining room cupboards and the bathroom being the remaining two. 

I managed to do some of the cupboards in the dining room but as we didn't feel a hundred percent we broke the job into several days to make it easier. 

Saturday arrived and we continued on with the dining room, for a while now I've not been able to lay my hands on our wedding DVD, weirdly I woke at 4am and my brain told me that the DVD wasn't actually marked up.  I started to sort the cupboard with the random DVD's in and put a couple on to check their contents, you can already guess that I'm going to say the second one I tried turned out to be the one I wanted I was (quite rightly) overjoyed and I definitely shed a tear or two it has to be said.  I then continued to sort the cupboard and found several in video format that I really need to try and get transferred onto DVD if I'm honest, but it was a positive start to the week, despite the lurgy getting worse. 

By Sunday we headed to YSP to blow off the cobwebs but we were both decidedly unwell, so a shorter walk for us than normal.  We walked past the giant rabbit on the hillside next to the Camelia house 


wandered down to the boathouse


enjoyed the snowdrops on our way



then home dosed ourselves up and settled on the sofa for the rest of the day. 

Monday came and it was deep clean on the bathroom, we were both unwell and I think hubby would have bailed given half a chance but it is the last of the rooms we can do for the time being so we ploughed on, doing an OK job it could have been better but we really didn't have it in us, I think my body was just saying stop if I'm honest, so that's what we did. 

Tuesday arrived and Valentine's day, but more importantly both my Mum and my hubby's birthdays.  I genuinely wasn't well enough to see my Mum and I really didn't want to pass on what we had.  My sister called up and we kept her at arms length and she came bearing gifts which was lovely. 

These are my beautiful flowers from hubby which are still going strong.  We tried to enjoy our meal deal that we'd got but to be honest I was struggling to taste anything.  In the evening hubby found tickets to see the Tempest at the RSC in Stratford, he has been searching for weeks and I had a feeling it would have to be last minute ones if he was to find them at all.  Before I knew it, he'd booked the tickets and a hotel room overnight, despite us still not being 100% 


Wednesday and we were set off to Stratford late morning, my Mum had contacted to let us know that her latest scan had shown that the current treatment regime was not controlling the tumours in her abdomen, therefore they have offered her a new treatment which will be more invasive and chemo based which may result in a loss of hair.  My Mum had chemo many years ago and always swore she wouldn't have it again as it made her very poorly, but she wants more time with us all and so has accepted the treatment, I'm praying it has improved somewhat since the last time, but I have friends who've gone through it and it sounds just as tough, so keep in her your thoughts. 

We continued on our day and got down to Stratford around the time we were due to check in so straight to the hotel.  Grabbed a cuppa in our room and then browsed places to eat before we went to the theatre.  We chose Zizzi's restaurant which was close to the theatre. 

I had crab filled cannelloni which was delicious albeit very filling


and hubby had a spicy calzone. 


Then across the way to the theatre



The set as always was amazing and got more elaborate as the play unfolded, with the two pieces either side lowering during the play and the white curtain at the back revealing a forest behind in the latter stages. 

The play itself is always what I feel hard work, but it is one that hubby loves, I perhaps find it hard work as I haven't seen it often.  We picked up a programme and I bought a book on the history of the play, its interpretations which I've started. 


We travelled home on Thursday afternoon, had a simple tea and settled in to some binge watching on the TV as we were still not 100% and very tired.  Hubby put on the remainder of Trigger Point which he'd recorded early last year.  Then we binge watched the entire series of SAS Rogue Heroes which was also very good. 

I hope you've had a grand week, have a good weekend and week ahead. 

Hugs

1 comment:

Helen said...

I'm sorry you were both poorly for your week off, and will or course keep your mum in my thoughts for her upcoming treatment. Glad you got out to YSP for some fresh air, and the theatre too. I hope you are both fully recovered soon. Happy Friday!