Morning lovely people tis Friday time for
Well last Thursday night me and hubby had a date night which consisted of a meal out at a restaurant attached to the local college, we had a lovely meal and a lovely evening in there, so relaxed, great food and good company, nothing finer.
Then we headed over the road to the local theatre to watch a local theatre company perform Curtains (a musical who dunnit), it was really well done and we thoroughly enjoyed it despite the slightly uncomfortable seats.
Friday we popped to Ikea and had a lovely wander around, as the weather wasn't that brilliant
In the evening we went to Wentworth Woodhouse for WE Wonder Noir, an evening consisting of art installations in the house, this was the first outside
One that had used ash die back trees to create an immersive experience of light and sound in the chapel
before heading to the star of the show, Museum of the Moon by Luke Jerram (I've now seen all three of these amazing installations, his Earth (Gaia), Mars and now the Moon)
We even laid down on the floor in the marble room and took in the sight above us - utterly stunning
Other artworks included a few performance art pieces to video, but some were light installations, this one in the room renowned for the original artwork depicting a similar stance for a horse owned by the family.
This room had an installation where the fans ran and then slowed so the copper tubes rang, it was lovely
and then this was a piece of digital art in the library again we ended up laid on the floor taking it in, but it was really amazing, apart from the moon this was our second favourite piece.
I also loved the shot from outside the room of the moon hanging inside (I took a similar shot of Gaia a few years ago).
On Saturday we had a bit of a slow day, but we did pop to see my Mum for a few hours and also managed to catch up with my sister which was lovely.
On Sunday we headed to YSP a new exhibition by Robert Indiana had opened in the underground gallery and so we were immersed in lots of new art (nothing finer)
Inside there were lit pieces
and those made from recycled materials, definitely of the 'pop art' era, I loved all of the work
back outside we found a few more pieces
which hubby made me pose in front of so you could see the size of the pieces
then we had a good walk around the park before heading back up the hillside to find this piece of art from the same exhibition.
A weekend full of art, people and a little bit of downtime - my kind of weekend.
The rest of the week has tripped along, Monday I worked from home which allowed me to catch up in a way that I haven't been able to catch up for some time which was excellent and then I was in work Tuesday through to Thursday so apart from making tea, the days tripped along at a merry old pace.
I hope you've had a lovely week too.
Hugs
1 comment:
sorry I'm late but loving the Rocking this week! the YSP pieces are fab, love the Moon as well glad I am not the only one to lie on the floor to appreciate things! Thanks for enjoying the Kew posts as ever, though the daffodils comment on last week confused me... hope you have a great Sunday.
Post a Comment