Good Morning lovely people tis Friday time for
Well overall it has been something of a relatively quiet week, but let me dig deep to find some positives.
First up last Friday a meet up with my Mum, my sister, said 21 year old, hubby and myself at Ikea for breakfast was really lovely, we put the world to rights and had a good chat and some nice food which is always a win.
Afterwards, hubby dropped me at the local shopping centre where I met up with a good friend and old work colleague for a coffee for a couple of hours we haven't seen each other since before the pandemic so it was lovely to meet up, she has been going through the mill a bit recently so it was nice to touch base in person.
Saturday was a day of deep cleaning our bedroom, as I was off this week I had a list of things I wanted to sort and so I decided to try and get this harder job off the list first off and as hubby was willing to give me a hand we set too at a merry old pace and managed really quite well, getting everything sorted, in between getting the aerial man to re-secure the aerial as it had started to make a real racket with all the wind we've had recently.
Sunday we had decided on a bun fight at our house (not literally that would be silly) with two valentine birthdays (Mum and hubby). We made sandwiches, scones, bought a couple of cakes and my Mum brought a Victoria sponge.
Here is the birthday girl open gifts, she is looking fabulous and more to the point feel well at the moment, which is a massive thing for all of us.
There were only a few of us, but my niece had made the effort to come down from Leeds which was lovely.
Hubby's birthday appeared on Monday and as if by magic he reached the big 60 - I honestly don't know where the years go sometimes. We hadn't booked for an expensive meal out, but instead shared a grazing platter from Morrisons, with some fresh bread and whiled away a few hours, which was lovely.
As usual hubby had spoilt me with valentine gifts, these chocolates from Hotel Chocolat proving a real hit
The day after Valentine's day I got some beautiful flowers, I really do hate paying the over inflated prices and they are just as lovely the following day and for £2.50 a bargain into the mix.
We did book for a valentine's meal out on Wednesday at Tapas Revolution, the starter was simple but lovely, the main was divine (despite the lack of photos) but the dessert
was a beautiful sharing board, which both me and hubby (who isn't a big sweet fan) really enjoyed.
and tonight, we headed out to see The Book of Dust at the local cinema part of the NT Live theatre shows which was brilliant.
The rest of the week with the inclement weather has meant lots of scrapping time which will continue on Friday given the weather they've forecast again. Here are this week's layouts.
I hope you've had a lovely week and hope the week ahead is beautiful and blessed.
Biggest hugs
2 comments:
Glad you've had a good week and some fun celebrations too! Great layouts too - hope you stay safe today and get some more done! Not sure if I will get to Kew tomorrow (they are closing today for the storm and haven't announced yet about tomorrow) but last week was lovely!! Have a good weekend. Helen xx
Always good to meet up with family and friends. Your mum is looking really good right now.
The 'bun-fight' sund sood, and the chocs look divine.
Well done on the deep cleaning. I need to do some of that, but I am not as organised as you are.
I don't know how you manage to make so many layouts, nor how you store them all. My one double page per month and the odd random one, is enough for me.
A belated happy 60th to hubby. I can just remember mine. It was the year before we left UK!
Hope you stayed safe through the storm. Kate x
Post a Comment