Friday, 24 December 2021

ROCKING YOUR WORLD FRIDAY - 52ND OF 2021

 Good afternoon tis Friday time for 


Last Friday was the great pre-Christmas clean, now am I talking about my house, nope, me and my sister had already diarised having a pre-Christmas clean at my Mum's house as she is still struggling, however my sister being a single person and a very busy nurse hadn't even had time to put her decorations up.  So Friday was a full on day of sorting not only my Mum's house, but also my sister's house too.  I was needless to say absolutely shattered when I got home gone 6pm.  Hubby also came over for a good few hours and sorted out a new curtain pole (and wooden plinth) for my sister's bedroom and hung some pictures she's had forever but not got around to sorting.  

Saturday arrived and me and hubby headed over to my work place for the Santa boat trips, he was skippering and in an ideal world I was making drinks and sorting out the gallery.  In reality I was upstairs in the office doing work, a final bank run, a reconciliation or two, some other items on the bank, a full back up and then I did some scanning that has needed doing in forever.  Whilst I was pleased with what I got done, it definitely wasn't the planned Saturday that I had. 

Sunday was defined as a day of rest, we decided after two incredibly busy days we were quite literally going to do nothing.  Hubby almost waivered early on, but I convinced him that a day of rest was definitely needed.

Monday and it was my turn to clean my own home, thankfully as we keep top side most of the time, it didn't take a huge amount of time, said 21 year old landed home from his fiancée's house and gave us a hand, which definitely speeded things up.  He'd actually come home to sort an issue with his student finance which was sorted relatively quickly. 

Tuesday and it was Christmas food shop day we were all done at the supermarkets by 9.03am which I don't think is bad going and we got everything we needed bar for one item. My Mum was at the hospital again to be drained, she was a little fed up early in the day as they hadn't got a bed for her or taken her bloods and she was sat in a drafty corridor feeling very cold, but thankfully it all got sorted relatively quickly and she was home again that evening, she's had a couple of 'sore' days but she is hoping to be well enough to enjoy her Christmas day. 

My hubby and said 21 year old took a Christmas gift over to a relative as well, which was lovely, she was in fine form. 

Wednesday and we headed to YSP, a much needed break from the house and some decent fresh air.  I hadn't realised how much I'd missed it

We walked down through the park (the sky was very pretty) 


Grabbed a selfie along the lakeside path


and found a couple of new sculptures we hadn't seen before



The waterfall was very loud as well. 


Thursday we had a sorting the Christmas table day getting everything out ready and then me and said 21 year old decided that we needed to make some name tags for the Christmas table, but they were tiny, so we made some impromptu Christmas gonks each with a name tag on them.  We had great fun creating them. 


And that my lovely people was my week, I hope you have a fantastic Christmas, stay safe, enjoy time however you spend it. 

Much love

2 comments:

Lisca said...

Here I am again, Yes, you've had a good week by the sounds of it.
I'm sorry that your mum is struggling so much. She is a very brave lady. Taking off the fluid will def make her feel better.
You might have read that my husband has got Covid. He got very ill on Tuesday with high fevers and headaches, but today (Christmas Eve) he is feeling a bit better and has been out of bed for longer periods.
I love the gonks you and M made for the table. They made me smile!
Wishing you a wonderful Christmas,
Hugs,
Lisca

Helen said...

I am sorry I am so late catching up with last week; I only just realised I didn't stop by. I hope your Mum was able to enjoy Christmas - indeed, I hope that you all did. I was debating a trip to Kew today but there is a highish chance of rain and I don't fancy getting wet... may keep it for the weekend when it is meant to be dry. Happy in between time!!