Friday, 19 November 2021

ROCKING YOUR WORLD - 47TH OF 2021

 Good morning lovely people I hope I find you well time for


So what positive moments and silver linings have I had over the last 7 days, well last Friday me and hubby headed to Ikea to meet up with my sister for a breakfast date and a good old catch up.  It was lovely to put the world to rights and have a chat, it seems to be a while since we've managed to do just that.  We then had a wander around the market hall and helped her pick up a new curtain pole, we just need to get hubby to pop over and sort it out for her, but we've decided it needs a batten first.   I didn't take any photos of us, but I did take a photo of a dinosaur on a bicycle, which raised a smile 


Afterwards we popped to see my Mum, she is struggling at the moment bless her with excess fluid around her middle, she's been into the hospital twice to sort it, but it returns within a few days, which is making her feel thoroughly miserable and rather breathless.  So I'm praying the targeted treatment starts to make a difference for her, if you can keep her in your thoughts that would be lovely. 

I received a message from my niece who received a parcel I'd sent her, it was lovely to hear from her and she said it was very unexpected so that definitely made me smile. 
 

When I got home I had to finish off a funding bid that I'd not managed to finish in my normal working week and whilst I did that hubby put up a tree.  Now I know you will be saying 'too soon, too soon' but with the amount of decorations that go up in this house I have to say the idea of attempting to put them all up on one day is almost impossible, so I've learnt over recent years that the best way is to slow time them over a few weeks, so they aren't stressful.   This is the one he finished, the blue baubles are new ones this year, I felt the tree needed a 'pop' of colour and we managed to track these down and they seem to match in with the cushions. 


Saturday was a bit of a tootling around the house day, which was fine for us as we'd had a busy out and about Friday. 

Sunday we headed out to Yorkshire Sculpture Park,  I was aware of a new Mark Hearld exhibition that opened on Friday and there is also an exhibition at the Weston that we haven't seen previously. 
 
This is part of his exhibition, he specialises in collage and lino cut, but there was also a few pottery pieces and some tapestry where he has collaborated with other artists. 





The exhibition at the Weston was also fabulous, I loved the vividness of the sculptures. 


We had another look at Hazmat Love and noticed the autumn leaves reflecting the face made it look like it was on fire from a distance. 


We also walked past the Sophie Ryder piece near the Camelia house. 


It was good to blow the cobwebs off and we hit over 10,000 steps again. 

When we got home we had some bananas that desperately needed using up, so the trusty Bero book came out and we made a banana loaf. 


The rest of Sunday was spent kicking back and watching some international rugby, the Wales versus Fiji game was really fun to watch. 

Soon enough the working week started and as usual the days trip along at a merry old pace and here I find myself back at Thursday night, I hope you've had a fabulous week and will catch up with your posts over the weekend. 

Much love

2 comments:

mamapez5 said...

The days seem to go fasterevery week, and here we are Rocking another weekend.
The cycling dino made me smile. I am glad you had a good catchup with your sister.
I love the tree. It is a tad early but I understand your reasoning. I used to go a bit mad withthe decorations but I have cut back a bit the last couple of years. We are neither of us too steady upa ladder these days, and as we don't havr Christmas visitors as a rule, it has lost some ofthe excitement. But I always have a tree and hang as much on it as I possibly can.
Another fun trip to the sculpture park. I like the face reflecting the autumn trees.
I am sorry Mum is having such a hard time right now. I really hpe the new treatment helps her. Kate x

Lisca said...

I'm sorry to hear your mum is struggling. I hope her new treatment does something to alleviate that. Any chance of a long term drain? (so that they don't have to keep draining the ascites so often)
Gosh, yes it is a bit early for the Christmas tree, but I understand your reasoning. I remember you always have a tree in every room. And they are all different.
We are never home at Christmas (we go to Holland to be with my mum) but this year we can't go as we are waiting for Graham's operation. So we don't have much in the way of decorations. Now I wish that we had those wonderful garden centers they have in the UK where they sell all those lovely baubles. If i put up a tree, it will be a simple one with just white baubles I think.
Great that you have been able to go to the YSP again. There is always something new to see there.
Ha, I should be making a banana cake too as I have two bananas that are over ripe. Did yours turn out OK?
I realize this is last week's blog (I'm just very late) and tomorrow I hope to read what you have been up to this week (and how your mum is)
Have a great weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca