Good afternoon lovely people tis Friday time for
So what have we been doing over the last 7 days that we can count our blessings for, the silver linings the positive elements that just make life that bit nicer, easier and more fun.
Well last Friday I had volunteered to go and help my Mum to paint her kitchen she'd been fettling cupboards and drawers for a couple of weeks and was at the point where it could be spruced up, so I headed over with paint supplies and we set too. It was mighty warm which slowed us somewhat but we plodded our way through the morning and into the afternoon. Hubby arrived after he had finished work and sorted out a few jobs around the kitchen that needed doing, which she was most grateful for. She still amazes me in more ways than one, she was up and down climbing on tables getting the ceiling painted as she went - crazy lady, she may be 70 years young, but she isn't letting life slow her down any time soon!
I must admit when Saturday arrived I did feel a little broken climbing ladders for a day, painting ceilings with my dodgy back, neck and frozen shoulder meant that we had a very slow, laid back and relaxed weekend after the rather busy Friday.
I had plenty of scrapping time, which was great as I hadn't managed any in the week as I get closer to the end of the 2018 photos, I'm giddy to get it finished and get them filed, although scrapbook albums are mighty expensive these days and no one seems to do the cheap as chip ones that I've bought previously, so I'm thinking of a cunning plan where I make my own, watch this space on that one.
Said 19 year old is away at his GF at the moment so the house is much quieter, I catch up every day with my Mum on Facetime usually morning and evening, I even managed a catch up with my sister this week which was nice.
The weather has been somewhat changeable this week if I'm honest, but we have managed an evening walk most evenings which has been good for the mental health.
Well that my lovely people will have to be your lot this week (like I said mighty quiet), so I'll leave you with a few layouts that I photographed.
If you fancy joining in pop a post together pop back and link up (whilst Mr Linky is still working) so we can come and visit.




















3 comments:
Yes, seventy is the new fifty. I love seeing your mum doing things like that. She is my age (I will be 70 soon)and I bet in her heart she is 50 or 40 or even younger! Good of you to help though. It's so much morefun to do painting in company.
Well done for doing so many lay-outs. I had a lovely time looking through all of them and also remembering certain events that you have blogged about.
Wishing you a happy Friday, and a great weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca
I love the layouts - you've done loads! I wouldn't have wanted to be painting here last week, the heat was awful! Getting ready for my weekly trip to Kew in the morning!! have a lovely weekend x
Wow. I have just realised I am a year or two older than your mum! And I have to admit that painting ceilings is a step too far for either of us now. Fortunately our grandson did our's on his last visit.
It is a bit too hot for morning walks here. It is already in the 30's when we get up and stays that way until we go to bed.
I too am struggling to find a decent scrapbook album, and I had considered making one. It is still possible to buy posts and extensions and I do prefer that method of putting them together, but I am sure I could make nicer covers than some I have seen.
Like you, I am making good use of video calls while we are unable to visit. What a Godsend they are. (We don't Facetime because Chris won't have anything 'Apple' in the house). My boys are all together at the oldest one's house tonight and we are using WhatsApp to share the laughs etc. Have a good week. Kate x
Post a Comment