Friday, 16 August 2019

Rocking Your World Friday - 33rd of 2019

Morning all, tis Friday and time for


Well I'm going to apologise for the lack of photos, it has been one of those weeks where I just haven't had anything fun to photograph, I promise to do better this next week.  So why, you may ask well basically because we are on with house jobs, in particular sorting the utility room out and well lets be honest it isn't the most exciting room in the house, critical but not exciting. 

We've made good progress but we are at the worst part when we are in a state of complete disarray and the end is not yet in sight.  On a positive though the new tiling looks fab and the painted walls look so much better.  We've got a shelving system, laminate and skirting to finish off before we can start putting it back together but it already feels so much better and I know i will be really pleased with it once it is done. 

Even our evenings have been filled with doing bits of the work, although hubby often works late which means we haven't got as much done as we would like. 

We have been busy preparing for our summer gala at work, lots of work behind the scenes goes on to make this a success, I hope to be able to share some of what we have been doing on my post next week. 

I managed a really quick catch up with my sister at the beginning of the week, being a nurse means long hours and unsociable ones at that, so its lovely to get a catch up even when they are only short. 

Said 18 year old has had a few days away at his girlfriends and went to Friends Fest in Manchester, a festival about the TV programme Friends, including set pieces etc.  They seem to have had a fabulous trip and it was lovely to see their photos and that my lovely people will have to do for this week, fingers crossed next week is more interesting! 

If you fancy joining in, pop a post together come back and link up so we can come and visit. 


3 comments:

Helen said...

hope you get to have a bit of a fun weekend round finishing the work...

mamapez5 said...

We all have weeks like that Virginia, and it sounds as though you got plenty done.
You always put so much work into the gala. I hope it comes together well.
I never took to Friends, but my boys have watched it over and over. Hope this is a good week for you. Kate x

Lisca said...

Well done you for sorting the utility room. I agree it is not very exiting but it is such an important little room.
I have no idea what a Friends weekend might look like as we don't have tv so I have not watched it ever. But I have seen photos etc and the people in it seem to dress normally so they can't go 'dressed up as Friends', so what do they do? Watch old episodes together?
Enjoy the rest of your weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca