Good morning tis Friday time for
So first up is this little thing, I absolutely ignore this cactus for the majority of the year as I'm not great with house plant, but it has provided this fabulous display which made me very happy
And I don't know whether this is catching but the one next to it also seems to have some flower buds on it, so fingers and toes crossed I might get some more beautiful flowers.
It was a funny old weekend last weekend, me and hubby find that we really do have to plan our weekends ahead, otherwise we end up frustrated and irritated in equal measure
So Saturday night, despite the cloud cover, we decided to go for a walk to the pub,
We meandered, up hill and down dale, the fields looked lush and the blue skies and sunshine were very very welcome.
However, we were heading in this direction, which didn't seem quite so sunny
But we got to the pub without a drop of rain, hubby grabbed a pint and I had a hot chocolate, unfortunately he spilled some of his old peculier beer into my hot chocolate, so he headed back in for a replacement. It was lovely to get some fresh air if I'm honest, after we'd had our drink we headed back, along the paths down the country lanes, the sun seemed to want to shine for us.
Back home we curled up on the sofa and watched a film which was lovely.
Sunday soon arrived and we decided to make the most of our Chatsworth membership tickets for the international horse trials, as we had two 'free' adult tickets as part of our membership.
We always go past my favourite view on our way there, I always feel like I'm on top of the world
The horse trials were fun, we aren't 'horsey' people per se, but it is always lovely to have a wander, see the riders and enjoy the stalls.
It was another blue skies day
Although we know it hadn't been on Friday or Saturday as this sign was testament to (as was the mud).
I spotted this sculpture on our travels, which I loved
We were only there a few hours, but we thoroughly enjoyed it.
Back up on top of the hill, we could see the damage from moorland fires that have occurred recently.
On my way home, I got a call from my cousin to say one of my aunties was very poorly in hospital. It was a shock, as she has not been a well lady for years but you kind of think they will always recover. Unfortunately the news was not good and on Tuesday I received the news that she'd passed away, I was, like the rest of the family absolutely devastated so it has been a hard week. So why does it find itself on my grateful list you may ask, I'm grateful that despite her poor health that we were able to chat on posts and messenger on facebook from time to time. I'm grateful for all the memories I have of her when she was in better health, I'm grateful for her fabulous sense of humour and I'm grateful that she played such an important role in my life.
So what else, hubby kept mentioning the Ceonathus near his workplace, I really couldn't believe the size of it when he sent the photo.
Grateful that said 18 year old has got his head down and been getting on. His final piece is due in on Thursday next week and he has had a stressful one this week. But despite this he is cracking on, I love his work ethic.
This is one of the trialled pieces, he wanted to put the like symbol and emojis on this, as he is doing about social media and the impact it is having.
And finally this photo that made me smile this week, as part of his art work he is doing some spray can art, this photo was on his snapchat feed and just made me smile!
And that my lovely people is my week, if you fancy joining in pop a post together and come back and link up so we can come and visit.














4 comments:
Hi Virginia. Strange you should start with a cactus photo when my post is all about them today too.
The ceonathus is beautiful. Bees always seem to like flowers in the blue, purple part of the spectrum.
Hubby would have loved the horse show. I am not a 'horsey' person either but it looked a lovely day to be out and about.
I do hope the lad gets his work completed on time. He is certainly not afraid to get down to it.
I was sorry to read about your aunt, but I am glad you have some good memories of her. I don't want my family to grieve after me when I am gone, but I do want them to have plenty of fond memories of the times we shared.
Now I have to get ready to go to choir practice. Fridays come around so very fast these days.
Thinking of you and praying for the family. Kate x
I am sorry to hear about your aunt, but glad you have lots of happy memories. Always enjoy seeing your pics from Chatsworth (still on my bucket list!) I love that ceanothus too, one of my favourite big shrubs. i just wish I had somewhere I could grow one. Have a lovely weekend.
That was a lovely tribute to your Aunt XXX We had a stunning Ceanothus tree outside Our front door, but the trunk started to split last year and we had to cut it down...now I'm thinking maybe a couple of the shrub variety would loo good in the back garden :)
Also, LOVE the idea of junior's art piece...depending on which emojis he uses the same piece can mean so many different things...smiley faces "drowning in love"....angry faces drowning in fear etc. Great work. XXX
ooow just thought what a fabulous "tool" the "Emoji pool" could be for people working with mental health (childhood trauma) etc....people could just add relevant emojis to show how they feel instead of taking about it !!!!
Post a Comment