Friday, 7 September 2018

Rocking Your World Friday - 36th of 2018

Morning all - tis Friday time for 


Well as those that read my blog know I've been recovering from my op, feeling a little better every day although I am suffering overall with excessive tiredness and if I do more than I should I suffer the consequences the following day - so I must take note of what the Doctor said and not do too much for six weeks post op.  

That said last weekend was the annual Chatsworth Country Fair and I said provided I was feeling well enough and provided someone was happy to carry a chair around for me all day (hiking chair obviously) then I might be well enough to go.  

Sunday dawned and look at the day we got! 


Beautiful blue skies and sunshine, I wasn't going to miss this for the world! 

Our first task after bacon and sausage butties made by hubby at 6am that morning (we keep them warm in an insulated bag and eat them when we get to Chatsworth) was to head over the grand stand and watch the mounted games, we had a very very slow saunter and I was glad for a sit for an hour if I'm honest.  


After, we had a wander around the craft tents and the stalls and then spotted the parachutists; they all managed to hit the target which was good. 


Soon we were heading back for some lunch (and another sit), hubby, said 17 year old and said 17 year old's girlfriend all had a go at shotguns which they all seemed to enjoy


We then split up, the youngsters heading off with the camera whilst we had a very very slow walk over to the food area.  We stopped again for a sit (you can see the theme of the day can't you) and I grabbed this selfie of me and my sister. 


And one of hubby as we rested for a while


There was a solo aero-acrobatic person on the day who we spotted as we got to the food area, thankfully we managed to meet up with the youngsters which was good because we couldn't find a phone or internet signal!


On our way back to the car, we were treated to this spectacle


We had plenty of blue skies and a little of the white fluffy cloud, it stayed warm for us (but not overly warm). 


We had a second picnic of the day when we got back before setting off home


On Monday, said 17 year old and girlfriend had been out to a local vinyl shop and bought some 'bargains' so before we knew it hubby and said 17 year old were rummaging in the loft, I'd already told said 17 year old he could have my old records to play for what they were worth (mine are very scratched as they were well loved back in the day).  Both of them were impressed with my record case which brought back a fair few memories. 


As did the contents, my older records are funny because said 17 year old and GF were naming the films the tracks were in rather than knowing the music in its own right.  Other albums included Poison with Unskinny Bop, two Bon Jovi albums, several soft metal compilation albums, a Motley Crue album - I could go on, I also found my first proper rock single purchase "Dude Looks Like a Lady" by Aerosmith


The rest of the week has been mainly resting, I really don't have the energy at the moment, so if anyone wants to come and clean my house please feel free as it is simply going to ruin at the moment. 

One positive from all this sitting around though was that I managed to finish my illustrated Harry Potter book that I've been on with over the summer.  I adore these books, I hope they manage to bring the next one out before Christmas. 


Other positives, touching base with my boss and her telling me to take my time recovering and that there was nothing urgent to worry about! 

A good natter with my cousin on the phone this morning which was lovely, we haven't spoken in person since before my op so it was good to have a proper catch up. 

Celebrity Big Brother for keeping me entertained whilst I've been poorly, hubby hates it with a passion.

I hope you've all had a grand week, if you fancy joining in pop a post together pop back and link up and we can come and visit. 


4 comments:

Lisca said...

Its good to hear you are up and about again. And I'm so pleased you had glorious weather on your Chatsworth outing. It looks like you all had a really good day.
Vinyls! Oh my! I have a box full too and we bought one of those turntables that converts them to digital, but I never got round to doing that! I must do that one day...
I bet you had a blast with all your old records! I love your box. Gosh, we had (and so did you I'm sure) a whole music centre of individual units in the lounge. Kids nowadays would recognise a cassette player if they saw one, and even then wouldn't know what it was for. I also had a reel-to-reel upright tape recorder (Akai). Such fun!
It's good to know your boss is not hurrying you to come back. Take it easy and get well.
Have a good week,
Hugs,
Lisca

Helen said...

I am amazed that, despite several sits for rest,you did so much at Chatsworth (but can completely see why you had to go!) I am with hubby on CBB but if it's keeping you entertained and sitting down recovering (!) then it has to be a good thing. Take care.

mamapez5 said...

I am so glad you are recovering, albeit slowly. That was a big outing for a convalescent, but it sounds as though you had a good day. At least there were plenty of opportunities to sit and rest.
It is never easy to rest, especially when you normally have such a busy life-style, but you have some very competent menfolk, so sit back and let them look after you for for a while. Enjoy, your reading, chatting with friends and family, and anything else that doesn't demand much energy. The dust will wait for you to feel better. Take it easy. Kate xx

Granny Gee said...

Glad to hear you are giving yourself time to heal *even if it does mean watching BB lol* And your home will never look as ruined as mine hahaha, just as I was getting sorted we took in a lodger (college friend of youngest's who has had a bad home experience) so it was "all change" again to give him his own space. Positive thing is that my art stuff is now out in the shed it was supposed to be in years ago and I now get to messy play whenever I want :D Love and Healing thoughts your way XXX