Friday, 18 April 2014

ROCKING YOUR WORLD FRIDAY CKCB LAYOUTS 17 + 18

Morning all, well it's 7 days since I last stopped and took stock of all the positive grateful moments that have occurred - so time to do it again...


First up sunshine - definitely a positive at the moment, I love sunshine and blue skies and dry days I prefer them when I'm not actually working mind!

The week has been another steep learning curve in my new job but that's good too, I'm learning and sorting, sorting and learning - nothing finer.

My sister babysitting for us last Friday so we could go out and be a couple rather than Mum and Dad if you know what I mean.  We went shopping first up for some new walking shoes for hubby and then we went and enjoyed Spanish Tapas, it was lovely just spending time, chatting, eating and enjoying each others company.

We drove home parked the car and wandered around to the local pub for a beer, which was nice, then came back and sat up nattering with my sister and my niece and said 13 year old for a bit.  Twas lovely having a natter if I'm honest.

Then Saturday we ventured up to Yorkshire Sculpture Park, we haven't been for a bit, which meant there were loads of new sculptures - bliss - I love this place, it's free to visit and costs for the parking only which I think was £8, so four of us had a great morning wandering and enjoying the fresh air, we even stopped and shared a slice of cake and had a cuppa!

Here are some of the fabulous sculptures we got to see


I loved the fact you could photograph in the underground gallery they don't normally allow it - so it made a pleasant change!


Despite the amazing wood sculptures my favourite were the textile framed pieces!


This photo makes me giggle look at the ridiculous layers I'm wearing!


I love the new bird boxes they've got too!


And the lace bronze sculpture on the way in, apparently it is lit from the inside with a soft light which you can see glowing at night.


Next up - the local leisure centre and their school holiday club, meant said 13 year old spent two action packed days (he was shattered when he got home) their whilst I worked, these things are really essential for a working Mum and this particular one isn't overpriced!

Hubby taking a day off whilst I was working meant that said 13 year old could have a lie in!

And that might lovely people is this weeks list.  I'm hoping for a busy weekend of it, getting on and having some fun family times - should be fun.

I hope your week has been similarly brilliant and enjoyable and that you too have plenty of grateful moments to remember.

If you fancy joining in pop a blog post together, come back, link up and we will come and visit!  Don't forget to leave a comment!

I'll leave you with two further CKCB layouts, this one is a sketch challenge set by Susan, over on the Me and Mine blog - click here to read the post and see the sketch! 


and this one is a rather 'whimsical' page, it's really pale but the "together always" statement that I used to embellish the page, had a black line running around it and I decided to tie the page in by adding some to my layout, not sure it worked overall, but I love the photo bomb piccie of said 13 year old, another natural picture of him.  It's better than the posed for shots or the tongue out photos we seem to get all too often these days!


And that my lovely people is that

Mr Linky

10 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for entering my sketch challenge with such a beautiful page - I love the misty colours.
    Sue @ Me&Mine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy days for both of us it seems... hmm. the layering is a bit dubious..lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely post!
    I don't know that I've visited before but I somewhat adore you already :~)
    The whimsical page is absolutely made by the outlining.
    Must go check out the rest of your kit posts...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love the "street" of bird houses!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute layouts love the one with the ferris wheel in the background

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have been busy! I've enjoyed catching up.

    Love those fancy bird boxes .... I bet there is a waiting list for those ;)

    Congrats on your new job!

    Hope you have a lovely Easter - with nice weather so you get to loose a few of those 'layers!'

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're certainly rocking those CK pages!
    Sounds like a better week this week and I know exactly what you mean about being a couple instead of Mum and Dad.
    Have a great week xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. We used to live in Barnsley and I haven't been to the Sculpture Park since we moved over 7 years ago. I like that effect you got with the gap between the strips of paper.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i like the photo of you! lovely layouts too. the park looks fabulous. Happy Easter, jenx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for working...and enjoying it. Loving the sculpture pics and the bird houses!! Love that fabric texture photo as well!

    ReplyDelete