Friday, 14 September 2018

Rocking Your World Friday - 37th of 2018

Good Morning lovely people, tis Friday time for 


First up a trip to the Cinema to see Mission Impossible with hubby, said 18 year old (yes it's his 18th birthday today) and his girlfriend


I managed to capture this photo when me and hubby were out this week, a lovely sunset


Last Saturday I'd registered said 18 year old and hubby on the local Photomarathon, six prompts, six hours, photos had to be taken in order, no filters etc.  Whilst I was with them I didn't manage all the running about they did, but was happy to sit minding the bags, the recovery from surgery is proving even slower than I expected!

Here they are in the queue


I captured the logo 


And enjoyed the mobile above me whilst they were racing around! 


I did manage a little wander, capturing a little of the urban landscape.



I much prefer the more ornate older buildings though


Whilst they were looking for prompts I spotted this gorgeous verdigris finish


And a strange sculpture on the top of the library/gallery


I enjoyed playing with filters on my photos when I got home (that wasn't allowed on the photomarathon for obvious reasons). 


And I loved this one, capturing a piece of art in a window and said 18 year old's reflection


Me and hubby were out and about one evening and spotted this in the Lego shop window - I love all things Harry Potter



Another weird evening sky


On Sunday we had a mini shindig (aka a mindig) for my niece who is off to University tomorrow - gulp! 

Said 18 year old had been staying over at his girlfriends the night before, when he arrived back with her, they had spent the morning making this!  My Mum had also been mighty busy baking cakes!


It was a lovely catch up as she commences the next chapter of her life! 


Now yesterday was my birthday, hubby had taken the day off but said 18 year old was at college, so I unwrapped presents before he went. 

To say I was surprised by this gift from said 18 year old is an understatement, this is what he bought me for my birthday!


I also received this gorgeous handmade book from a fabulous friend, another item that blew me away as well as lots of other gifts, scrapbook papers, albums I've wanted and some films. 


Look at all that depth! 


Another friend bought me a new top and for anyone that knows me, they know what an absolute pain I am when it comes to clothes buying!  Not only did I love it, but I wore it out on my jaunt to Chatsworth with hubby! 


My favourite view on the way to Chatsworth made even more special with the amazing clouds! 


I had a cream tea for brunch (well it was my birthday)


And we enjoyed a wander around the house


As we haven't been around it for a bit.


We also enjoyed a fabulous walk around the garden but I'll share more photos next week as I'm a little busy today. 

I hope you've all had a fabulous week, if you fancy joining in pop back and link up so we can come and visit. 


3 comments:

Helen said...

Happy Birthday to you and said 18 year old (wow!) The photomarathon sounds just my cup of tea. Good that you could at least get to see a little. I've been amazed by the skies all summer really, but we have had some amazing sunsets here (I've been filling facebook with them nightly!) Have a good weekend and make sure you continue the birthday celebrations xx

Granny Gee said...

First "happy birthdays" to you both :D The Photomarathon looks an awesome event! Looking forward to see Nieces "creations" from Uni (she is the one that's a textile artist right?)
As for healing...I believe it is the anaesthetic that messes with your energy levels, and can take a while to re adjust. With all the incentive to art I amm positive you will "pick up" soon. Besides....it's nearly Halloween mwahahaha XXX

mamapez5 said...

Two birthday celebrations in one week. We have that next month. happy Birthday to you both. What lovely surprise gifts you had. I love your top, and a cream 'tea' for brunch sounds like an excellent birthday treat.
It is good to hear you are taking things a bit easy while the others get on with whatever they are doing. You can't expect to be back on par too soon. Patience my dear!
Great cake made for your niece. My Granddaughter also started uni this week. Its a big wrench when they go, but an exciting time for them. Kate x