Friday, 11 August 2017

ROCKING YOUR WORLD FRIDAY - 32ND OF 2017

Good morning lovely people, t'is Friday time to clock the positives, happy moments and silver linings.  

Time for 


Thursday night

Well we celebrated our 27th anniversary of us meeting on Friday and as I mentioned in my post last week, we were heading out for a meal on our own (date night), as said 16 year old was still away, some people think its strange for us to mark this anniversary but it was such a pivotal point in both of our lives that we love to celebrate it, plus it was 8 years later before we actually got married! 

So here we are 27 years on ready for our meal out!


Having had a lovely meal at Bella Italia at Center Parcs, we were delighted to find there is one local to us, so we booked a table, I'd let them know we were celebrating an anniversary so we got an awesome corner table out of the way, complete with balloon and confetti hearts!


I had decided to drive so had a mocktail whilst hubby had an aperol spritz cocktail - which he confirmed was lovely!


The meal was lovely and when we got home, we enjoyed a glass of wine and curled up on the sofa together, twas fab. 

Friday 

Hubby was off due to our anniversary and said 16 year old was due home, we picked him up around lunchtime.  For those that haven't been following it, he has started wave 4 of NCS (National Citizen Service) and he had had a fantastic week at the Youth Hostel in Castleton.  He'd walked Mam Tor (on a rather rainy day so the views weren't great), abseiled, done some bouldering, raft building, den building and caving - here is the photo we found later in the day - how awesome is that and how much fun am I going to have scrapbooking that! 


The rest of the day was spent on the neverending garden project, hubby was making planters and I was pottering about, painting again - I have spent so many hours painting things - the garden is devoid of plants but there is plenty of cream and grey paint - hopefully I will be able to show you photos of it completed shortly, I'm hoping it will be done soon (it better be, it has been renamed the money pit and every time I think we inch closer to the end, do we decide we need to resolve another problem (usually one we didn't even know we had).   

Saturday 

Happy post, I belong to a craft declutter group and these gorgeous stamps came up for grabs from the designer herself Tracy Scott who I did a class with recently, these stamps really are gorgeous, I can't wait to use them!  Oh to get to my craft table and throw paint at things again!


These two, they make my heart sing, it wasn't long after his return that he was showing his Dad the latest You Tube videos, they really do make me giggle - two peas in a pod! 


Sunday 

Was operation day two of the garden project, thankfully said 16 year old wasn't working so we managed to get some serious amounts of work done on the garden with his help; I was painting things cream and grey again!  However, a bit of background music, a dry day etc, all made for a rather pleasant afternoon!

Monday 

Back to work a split day between both jobs due to a board meeting, so I worked from home in the morning and was able to drop said 16 year old for his next instalment of NCS, this weeks Leeds University! 

Monday evening in the garden, the planned activity halted due to pooling water, sigh, so hubby and I spent the evening (well I stood at the foot of the ladder), resolving the issue, no more pooling water but apparently now we need some guttering - what did I say about the never ending garden project! 

Tuesday 

We came home to this very close to the house, we could get on our drive, but as you can see neighbours really couldn't.  There was no one on site to ask what the issue was and no note through the door and it was raining all day, all evening and all night and guess what the electricity board had done to the rain drain, that's right covered it with that big pile of rubble.  So now hazard a guess as to what you think happened to the hole - yes that's right it was rather full the following morning, I'm not sure electrics and water are a good mix if I'm honest! 

So you'll be thinking why oh why has this made the post, well because we weren't affected, our poor neighbour had no electricity for a considerable amount of time, so my grateful is that I didn't come home to that issue! 


Wednesday 

Busy work day but an evening at Chatsworth was looming as we had tickets to see the Comedy of Errors performed by the Lord Chamberlains Men.  We've seen them several times in different locations, I was grateful that the rain had stopped, I was grateful hubby picked a picnic up on his way home, as my meeting overran.  I'm grateful he fathomed how to make a flask of drinks when you have no water, yes that's right the electricity board turned the water off, making a picnic proved harder than expected!  

Hubby's genius idea was a flask of hot milk, a jar of coffee and a jar of hot chocolate - win win!  

I joined Snapchat whilst said 16 year old has been away just to see if I could catch up with his day, not that I have a blinking clue what I'm doing, however, I found a few photos there this week.  This was their come dine with me night, homemade pizza, when I asked what they'd done for starter and sweet the reply was kebab starter and chocolate fudge cake dessert - talk about a heavy meal! 


Anyway I digress back to Chatsworth, so here is our little picnic set up. 


The sun behind our backs (which we were grateful for because quite a lot of people were sat there squinting at the play for quite some time due to them facing the sun). 


Oh to finish the garden so we can come and visit again. 


They were as ever awesome and hysterically funny and despite the large crowd, because of the acoustics off the house, everyone could hear really well. 


We were treated to an awesome moon on the way home, not that my photo makes it look awesome, but I loved it all the same! 


Thursday 

A productive day at work, always makes me smile and a great conversation with a board member about some things we are sorting at the minute, so that made me grateful.

Then my biggest grateful of the week was hubby being quite happy to set to and sort the house, because we've been so garden focused it really had got into a complete state and was really starting to get me down.  We both set to sorting things, he picked some things up for the garden, broke some things down for the tip, I cleaned the bathroom, and then worked through each room and we worked and worked and worked having started at 5pm after a full day of work, we stopped at 9pm, dashed to the supermarket to get some tea, shared a glass of wine and collapsed into bed. 

Friday 

And here we are full circle at Friday again, so my next grateful is for you sitting and reading my posts, I'm always a bit bewildered when the comments are that I do so much, doesn't everyone do this amount of 'stuff' in their week?  I'm confused.  You never know what is around the next corner so I squeeze every ounce out of every single day! 

I hope you've had a beautiful and blessed week, if you fancy joining in, pop a post together pop back and link up, mention the post so others can find us and we shall come and visit.  We are a tiny group of people who acknowledge the benefits of clocking the positives, until next week my friends


5 comments:

  1. No, I don't do as much as you as I am now retired, but I also used to pack every minute of the day around shift work. And the last few years before retiring, the hospice I worked for moved to the other side of town, so I also had a 45 min travel time to contend with (And more at rush hour)

    Well, happy anniversary to you both! As you will read in my blog, it will be our anniversary too. We also celebrate when we met and that is why we nearly missed our wedding anniversary.
    Yes, you are putting a lot of work into that garden. By the time it is finished, the summer will be over....
    Oh my! What a mess in the Street! No wáter, electrics in the rain, no Access. What a mess for your neighbours particularly. I hope it is all sorted by now.
    Looks like said 16 yr old is enjoying himself. It will do wonders for his confidence and hopefully he will make lasting friendships.
    Happy mail! Lucky you! Those stamps look great. I love the frond and the quote.
    Glad you kept it dry for the Chatsworth play. It looks like a great experience.
    House cleaning is not my strong point. Luckily we have the whole house tiled. But the house is big and we have four bathrooms and a toilet. We use two bathrooms regularly (his and hers), so they get cleaned regularly, but the others I don't clean very often. So when we have guests, we have to clean them all! Like this coming Sunday. Saturday will be my cleaning blitz!
    Have a great week,
    Big hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  2. your week sounds exhausting! wouldn't come round here and sort out mine too would you?! happy anniversary of meeting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We also celebrate the day we met...but to fair it was my birthday lol so he doesn't have a choice :D And though your garden feels like a money pit right now...it will soon be as amazing as Chatsworth :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of super photos Virginia. Sounds like a very busy week.
    I still have some painting to do in the garden but this rain & sun that we've been getting lately has made it impossible to finish anything...hohumm.
    Have a great week.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't do as much as you do and am permanently knackered. Come September though I will be able to say I am somewhere near what Virginia must do... and I'll be a wreck in the corner :D

    That cave picture - oh my, an amazing photo but made me shudder. I'd be to claustrophobic, good on him - he not only takes after his dad but his Mum too for cramming everything in.

    Date night sounds lovely and the garden will be done soon and you will be able to reap the rewards :)

    Much love Virginia, have a good week xx

    p.s my jumper was on ASOS in the mens section. Type crochet jumper in their search bar x x

    ReplyDelete