Friday, 16 December 2016

ROCKING YOUR WORLD FRIDAY 51ST OF 2016

Morning tis Friday 


Which means it is time to take stock, sit back and clock the silver linings/positive moments from the last seven days. 

So first up was said 16 year old walking through the door with his final piece of DT Food coursework - all I can say is I'm going to miss these! 


The local (within a mile) garden centre was open late last Friday, so we had a wander, there was only the main centre and the restaurant open, but it was lovely to see the pretty lights and the children enjoying the outdoor skating rink. 


I loved the wintery windows that were beautifully decorated as well! 


Saturday saw me finally making some decent headway into my Christmas journal, I've been keeping the notes but managing to actually document the days has proved easier said than done! 


It also saw us have our first day time fire, the room was cool so hubby sorted it for us, you can imagine the glee of said 16 year old when he headed down later in the morning to find a toastie room to play on the Xbox!  


We went to the local outdoor retail park so I could help said 16 year old in his Christmas present buying and I loved the patronus like light displays around it!


Hubby had a great time crafting - yes I did say crafting on Saturday - his challenge this Saturday - create me a Hogwarts outline for the window (obviously to go with the Harry Potter tree), I then photographed it and played with the photo on my apps to create a wintery scene!


On the flip side I was gelli plating the world - creating the base for next year's Christmas Cards (yes I did say next year).


This is the window at night - we giggled at the shadow outline of the tree inside - can you make out the mini sorting hat on top!


I continued to share some photos from Chatsworth last week on instagram - this one of the sugar plum fairy 


And I shared the full Harry Potter tree


Saturday however brought some devastating news that my Great Aunty Joan had passed away, she was a formidable woman in life and I have many fond memories of holidaying at her home in Scarborough when I was a little girl.  She has left a huge hole and passes away only a few weeks after her sister Diane.  So I find myself facing yet another funeral in the run up to Christmas, except this one is with a difference, Aunty Joan never wanted to be at her own funeral and was quite adamant that her body be donated to medical science, despite the difficulties of arranging this her daughter Liz managed to find the consent form (dated 1983) and ensure that that last wish was fulfilled.  So a memorial service is what I will attend next week - like I said quite a formidable lady!

I succumbed to the lurgy earlier in the week, but battled on with work regardless managing some working from home time to help.  

I also had a beautiful belated birthday surprise from a fellow crafter earlier in the week - this is the gift a beautiful handmade bullet journal!   Thank you Chris


And then I also received this in a Christmas card from another crafter! 


So in the middle of the sadness I also remember how very blessed I am, how I am grateful for every single day and for every interaction, conversation, time spent with friends, loved ones, colleagues.  May your week have been a good one, if you fancy joining in blog, pop back link up and pop a comment on so we can come and visit. 

5 comments:

  1. Your photos are wonderful Virginia.
    Sorry to hear of your loss. Your Aunty sounds like a grand lady and I'm sure you will have lots of lovely memories to look back on.
    Sounds like you have been hit by the bug that is doing the rounds (I just wish I could shift this cough) hope you are feeling much better.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, Virginia, I am sorry for your loss; and hope that the memorial will go as well as it can. Loving your Hogwarts tree and decorations! Hope you shift the lurgy soon, there is a lot of it around. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry about your aunt Virginia, but I'd admire her for her last wish. We wanted to do the same but it has proved almost impossible out here. I hope the memorial service goes smoothly for you all.
    All the Christmas decorations are so pretty. I am still trying to get through all the Harry Potter audio books, so at least I knew what you were talking about.I love the tree with its hat!
    School DT Food has changed a bit since my sons did it. None of them brought anything home like that! Well done your lad!
    memorial aside, I hope this is a good week for you, and you shake off the lurgy as quickly as you can. Enjoy Christmas with your lovely family. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Virginia, I am so sorry to hear you have lost your lovely aunt Joan. How good of her to donate her body. That is a brave thing to do.
    Your Harry Potter tree looks great. Like Kate, I don't know what all of the things are, but it looks great.
    Oh, that food your boy brought home looks delicious! Do they have cooking lessons at school?
    You've got some really nice pressies and it's not Christmas yet! Lucky girl.
    I hope you are feeling better now by the time you read this.
    Sorry I'm late but we have just come back from a few days in Madrid.
    Hope you have a good week in spite of the sadness,
    Wishing you a very happy Christmas,
    Blessings,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry for your sad news....but this season is all about the ending of one story and the beginning of the next. That you are related to such an amazing lady is no surprise to me. Enjoy your fabulous Hogwarts Christmas, I'm certain your Aunt will be smiling over your Uniqueness XXX

    ReplyDelete