Friday, 9 December 2016

ROCKING YOUR WORLD FRIDAY 50TH OF 2016

Good morning/evening/afternoon lovely people

it is Friday and that means it's time to find out what is 


So said 16 year old was off out with his friends on Saturday morning (helping celebrate a birthday) so we were at a loose end as it were - fear not - a spot of Harry Potter - or should I say Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find them - we booked, we went we enjoyed a coffee/hot chocolate at Starbucks and then we thoroughly enjoyed watching the film - twas fab! 

All I can say is that I would really love to own a Niffler - if you've seen the film you will know why! 

So Saturday afternoon me and hubby headed around the corner to the Christmas tree festival at the local church, it is only a 5 minutes walk from where we live and is always so lovely to visit.  We decided to pop and enjoy it before the Christmas Fayre in the evening as we never get to enjoy the Church when the Fayre is on as it is far too busy! 


Fabulous decorations 


I loved the Scouts' tree, with the tents


and the mini fires 


For the trees decorated by adults - I adored the Choirs' tree!

My niece came along for the first time she didn't 'get' the Christmas Tree festival, feeling let down by the homemade decorations - I think she thought it would be a mini Chatsworth!

The fayre wasn't as fun either as previous years, but I managed to get a great shot of said 16 year old and niece so I was happy!


I've been enjoying opening my craft advent calendar that I have as a result of a swap through UK Scrappers - this was one of the gorgeous gifts this week - a home made decoration!


I've been sharing our Harry Potter baubles on instagram


Sunday we went to Kelham Island for their Victorian Christmas Fayre, here is hubby and son as we were enjoying a drink by the river. 


There was no beer stall this year - well not a real ale one anyway much to hubbies disgust (as I had volunteered to drive).  We did however have a fab time catching up with his cousin and his cousin's missus, we enjoyed grabbing shots of the place as we went around.  We had a fabulous discussion with a lady who offers courses in silversmithing when we were there - the statement watch this space comes to mind! 



Monday me and hubby had a very rare day off together, we decided to head to Chatsworth (putting the member cards through their paces again). 

This year's theme is the Nutcracker, it wasn't as elaborate as we've seen in previous years, however, in its own right we really enjoyed it - just tried not to compare it to previous ones. 

The chapel was beautiful, a gorgeous tree and the statue of Saint Bartholomew



The dining room was very different to normal, but I loved the contrast to the chandelier. 


There were literally hundreds of nutcracker statues 


We loved the ballet shoe tree, made with used shoes.


We also loved the fairies over the bath (despite the extensive bottle neck of people in the area). 


And the tutu tree


After our walk around the house, we set about enjoying some of the gorgeous gardens, as it was a cold crisp day we were treated to a very wintery scene despite it being mid-afternoon when we ventured out. 


We managed a selfie

And I loved the frost on top of the maze!


Tuesday night we went to the Breast Cancer Care Carols by Candlelight at Sheffield Cathedral, we went with my Mum and her hubby, a charity close to our hearts, it was a lovely evening, listening to 3 different school choirs and then being treated to a military wives choir, they were amazing and it was lovely to spend time enjoying the beautiful church at this time of year. 

Mind you mischief one and mischief two had found that they were obviously rather warm that evening and before you ask no they weren't like that when we arrived at the church and were given them!


Wednesday was a busy day at work (very busy and very late) and then food shopping (boo hiss) and today has been much the same with some cleaning this evening thrown in for good measure - so why the grateful - well firstly hubby and said 16 year were happy to get on and get it done and secondly - the house is clean! 

So there you are my lovely people, our week with its positive moments, fun days out and silver linings.

I hope you've had a great week too. 

If you fancy joining in pop a post together, pop back link up and we shall come and visit. 


4 comments:

  1. So many mini adventures...and I loved the Choir tree...I made little decs like that back in the early 90's and each one was labelled with the name of my son's classmates. They each took them home after visiting so my tree looked pretty sparse by christmas lol XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos Virginia. I love the ballet shoes & tutu trees.
    Had to chuckle about the candles.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lot of lovely trees and some very unusual ones too. I love the tutu. I think the festival of trees is a lovely idea.
    It looks jolly cold where you are, and I know that's OK as long as it is dry, and you are wrapped up warm, but I am glad I don't have to deal with frost and snow any more.
    A couple of years ago all my candles looked like that when I unpacked them, but I think I have found somewhere cooler to store them now so hopefully they will be straight this year. Our candle lit carols aren't until a week on Monday.
    I would love to go to Chatsworth when it is all decorated. It looks fabulous.
    Have a good week. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our church only started a tree festival the year that we left, so I haven't seen it. I suppose the trees decorated by children are fun if there alre also some decently decorated ones in the mix. The idea is to give a bit of publicity to the different organisations.
    I looove the Chatsworth decorations and trees. So original! The tutus and the ballet shoes, and the the fairies dancing above the bath. Exquisite!
    Your wintery scene photograph is amazingly beautiful! Well done. (Gosh it must have been cold!)
    The bent candles at the carol service made me smile...
    Sorry I'm late and haven't linked up (too late now). We have had several power cuts and I have a desktop computer. It doesn't like being shut down improperly. So in the end I turned it off and went to bed.
    Have a fab weekend,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete