Friday, 11 November 2016

ROCKING YOUR WORLD 46TH OF 2016

Good Morning lovely people - tis Friday which means it is time for 


So first up is the longevity of my Halloween flowers, they just seem to be lasting although I've discovered they weren't quite as orange as I originally thought as the colour of the water keeps changing and the flowers have a distinct yellow hue to them now!


Next up is Bonfire night we had prebooked tickets to Chatsworth and so headed down early evening, we spotted the Christmas trees in the Stables Courtyard on our way down, so we shall be returning shortly as the house is now fully decorated.


Anyway I digress this is about bonfire night, we'd already had jacket potatoes and hot dogs at home, a real tradition harking back to my childhood.  

There were plenty of food stalls at Chatsworth but we'd already eaten, however I did partake in a glass of mulled wine - another Christmas favourite but technically too early for this celebration, mind you the warmth from the drink was fabulous! 

Unlike last year when they had a fire garden this year there were two ice sculptors and the world's biggest bonfire, we didn't really get close enough to the fire, but we managed a decent shot of the ice 


The fireworks were fantastic, set to music and two displays, the first one was Disney themed, the grand finale display was fantastic! 



We headed back to the car after the second display and grabbed ourselves a hot drink as I'd taken a flask of coffee and a flask of hot chocolate as the queues were fairly hefty to try and contend with and we got out of the park fairly quickly which was great. 

Sunday morning and me and hubby decided to do the local dam walk, we were just setting off when I realised that the forecast was a little bleak in that heavy rain was forecast but as it was still dry we decided to risk it. 

Although there is still some greenery you can see how sparse the trees are now.  On the plus side this keeps the light levels during the walk and you get to see more wildlife. 


The first bird we came across was a very busy Robin with his bright red breast who didn't seem phased by us stopping to watch him. 

As we were stood I spotted a flash of white in the distance and we realised there was a jay just a little further down from where we were stood!  Always dazzling to see when you manage to spot them. 

Finally we decided rather than walking along the dam wall back to the car, that we would walk down the path towards the mill, at the bottom of the run off from the dam is a gorgeous stream and pretty little bridge.  Although it had started to rain by this point, we decided to stop and have a look at the wildlife again and this time we were in for a real treat - a kingfisher busy racing around, we didn't just see him once either!  

Make-up less me and hubby 


Work was busy on Monday, but I decided to take Tuesday afternoon off as I was working from home and had some time in hand so decided to down tools for a change (sometimes it is good for the soul).  I then ended up with an impromptu day off from my second job on Wednesday which wasn't expected.  However, I made the most of the day and got busy looking at Christmas presents - I like to be organised and I don't like to get caught out.  

Wednesday evening we had an open event at the local college for said 16 year old to find out more about courses.  He has already gone to one of the colleges locally but they pretty much only offer A levels and they don't offer a combination of A levels that he wants to do. 

However, the college last night has an art based course that he is really interested in so we went for a walk around.  Oh if only I was 16 again, what can I say - kilns, glass kilns, laser cutter, 3D printer - screens for screen printing that were huge, drawings, tutors who are current ceramicists and the lead tutor is an illustrator - all I can say is wow.  He was so impressed and it's so good to see he has some options laid out in front of him.  He has got one other college that he'd like to visit before he starts making selections.  

And Thursday finds a positive day at work then home and said 16 year old finishing a piece of art work, hubby cooking a new meal - that everyone ate and me tidying the world so the house is clean and tidy - yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope you've had a great week if you fancy joining in then do a post, pop back, link up, leave a comment and we shall come and visit! 


5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely relaxing week after all the bustle lately :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great ice sculpture; and a fabulous organised firework display. love the photo of the trees.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great post and what an interesting week. Thanks for sharing bonfire night with us. In the 23 years I lived in UK I have never been to a bonfire night! (Too cold I guess) But your photos are great. Chatsworth is such a lovely place. The ice sculpture is so interesting. Again, I have never seen a real one.
    You sure had a lovely walk and saw much wildlife. What a special thing that is.
    Said 16 year old must be so excited! (I am for him). That college sounds just up his street. But of course he wants to see them all before he decides.
    Have a fab weekend,
    Keep smiling,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  4. What super photos Virginia - I look forward to seeing them on LOs.
    The flowers have certainly lasted well.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like a wonderful week. I laughed at the flowers. I have coloured the water to change the flowers, but I didn't know it leaks back out again!
    The fireworks look great. I love a good display but sadly they only go in for loud bangs out here with nothing pretty supporting them.
    I saw a jay in my sister's garden when I was there, but it didn't wait for me to get my camera out! But I don't think I have ever seen a kingfisher in action. How special was that!
    The college sounds an exciting option for the lad. What a great selection of equipment they had. I hope he gets a place at his college of choice.
    An impromptu day off work was a nice bonus, and as usual you made every minute of it pay! Have another good week. Kate x

    ReplyDelete