Monday, 1 August 2016

DETAIL

Morning all - well it is the 1st August 2016 - anyone else wondering where the year is going! 

A photo of some of the amazing detail at Alnwick Castle to share with you this morning, apparently the lamp on the right was one of the reasons they chose Alnwick Castle to film Harry Potter! 


I love the verdigris finish on these, many years ago I used to work in a bed factory and they made verdigris beds using a two colour paint effect, first powder coating the bed in bronze and then splattering the powder over it with a pale green - its amazing what memories come to light when you think about it! 

I hope you have a grand day! 

2 comments:

  1. Great page, I love how you've underlined the pictures with that border of textured hexies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super LO Virginia.
    The photo of that lamp is certainly something to spark memories.
    Did you by the HP book that came out at the weekend? There have been such mixed reviews about it that I'm still considering whether I will buy it or not.
    Have a great week.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete