Wednesday, 3 August 2016

BAMBURGH

Morning all and I find us at Wednesday morning already - where does the time go. 

I have had a busy old week up to now, mainly due to being back at work, being up at 6am to do a one and half mile walk and being utterly shattered of an evening, the crafting table is still being sadly neglected - sigh! 

However, I still have some layouts to share, this one was taken from the beach at Bamburgh Castle in Northumberland.  

The Castle can be seen for miles along the coastline, on this particular day - hubby decided to head down a dead-end street - which I thought was a dangerous move given how busy the road was with cars.  At the end we found a car park and meandered along the beach to get numerous photos of this imposing castle. 


I first heard of Bamburgh through scrapbook magazines, Jane Dean who was a regularly contributor and one of my favourite scrapbook designers who appeared to to holiday in the area and this Castle appeared on a good few of her layouts. 

I miss those magazines and I miss learning about the things other people did in their lives as it prompted us to do something different. 

Bamburgh is privately owned and still lived in and you can visit it, so win win.  It was recently the filming location of Macbeth starring Michael Fassbender!

Layouts wise it was simply a mix of blues and greens and 'using up' some of the papers I had lurking on my desk using my hexagon die!

I hope you are having an awesome day and thank you for popping by! 

1 comment:

  1. Perfect colour combo for that wonderful photo - great LO.
    I'm with you Virginia - I so miss seeing the likes of Jane Dean & Missy Neal in those long ceased magazines. I don't buy a fraction of the magazines that I used to because they have become very 'samey'. I loved Scrapbook Inspirations & Scrapbook Magazine but the current papercraft magazines are very lacking in scrapbook inspiring projects.
    Have a super week.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete