Wednesday, 18 May 2016

SWEET - COUNTERFEIT KIT LAYOUT 3

After a lengthy hiatus away from scrapping, I found myself with time on my hands last Friday and set too with a stack of photos, I very quickly ground to a halt and realised that my normal method of generating layouts simply wasn't going to work.  So I had to try a new tact, so I abandoned the pile of photos and basically found some sketches on Pinterest and created, without any thought of which photos I was scrapping for, by the end of the day I had 10 layouts ready minus title, journal and photos and then the fun task of trying to find photos to fit the what now seemed to be tiny photo mats (I usually have my photos printed almost 5"x7"), however it didn't take long to cut and streamline the photos and getting more than one photo on the layout allowed for me to make better use of the ample photos I've had printed! 


So next time you get stuck scrapping - try a different tact! 

Now this is another sketch that I would like to thank the original producer and I was sure I'd pinned it to my board, but I now can't for the life of me find the pin - must make notes on the back next time! 

If you know the sketch in question shout out and I'll update my post to give due thanks where it is needed!

My third layout from my counterfeit kit 

5 comments:

  1. Super LO Virginia. The sketch you found works perfectly for this collection of photos.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting method, we usually all start with the photos don't we. Might give this a try :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done. Sketches are my go-to technique when I've been away from scrapping too. Love the sprinkled hearts.

    ReplyDelete