Wednesday, 3 February 2016

EVERYDAY MOMENTS, TODAY AND THIS MOMENT

Morning all, well it's a little dark and grey outside at the moment and the wind is still blustery, hoping for that to calm a little today.  Unfortunately I didn't make it to my craft table last night (sob), but I'm hoping I might make it there tonight - fingers and toes crossed.

Three more layouts this morning.  First up Mischief 1 and 2 last summer refusing to pose for the camera, thinking in their infinite wisdom that I wouldn't document it - wrong!  We were at Yorkshire Sculpture Park, enjoying a lovely walk when we stopped off for a rest! 

The shape is a piece of shaped paper I've had forever that I use as a template, I cut it out and matted on cream cardstock, layering up the elements and then finishing with stitching to make it pop!  


Next up water fight at the seaside for my niece's 16th birthday last year.  Despite being in the middle of their teens they had a fantastic time and had us rolling with laughter!  

The photos we took weren't of the best quality but I think the energy is clear in the photos for all to enjoy!  I used some Graphic 45 paper I got in a kit from Jen and mixed it with some bright yellow paper shaped in a wave form; you'd think this was down to being at the seaside you'd be wrong I just like using the wavy boards I got in my Secret Santa a couple of years ago! 

Then finally the addition of some stitching, if I can't find an embellishment that is just right for the layout, I fall back on hand stitching using my ample (although now diminishing) stash of cross stitch threads!


And finally another layout from the day, this documents two photos taken about 30 seconds apart.  The first one at the bottom has my sister and my niece's friend posing for the picture before tucking into their fish and chip lunch, but my niece not posing.  She commented on this so I took a second photo where said 15 year old had joined the photo and then three out of the four were too busy with lunch, with only my niece posing - the words I give up come to mind! 


It is a full on layout this one with a strong mix of papers, but I must admit I really enjoyed working with this colour scheme.  I added a bit of washi tape to it but that was about it!  Sometimes layouts don't need anything else! 

Have a happy scrapping day and thank you for popping by!

4 comments:

  1. Such happy pages :D....and Mischief 1 and 2 were merely posing as live sculptures lol :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sunny blues & yellows Virginia. All 3 are fab LOs.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your pages - fab sunny colours too- have a lovely day . Soojay xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pages - and I like your use of the stronger colors on the last one.

    ReplyDelete