Friday, 25 December 2015

ROCKING YOUR WORLD FRIDAY - 52ND OF 2015 AND THE FINAL ONE FOR THIS YEAR

Good Morning lovely people, well if you have any sense you won't be anywhere near blogger this morning, you'll be enjoying some sort of festivities wherever you are in the world.  For me it will be Christmas Day, but my favourite day of the year by a long shot is Christmas Eve, so I'm not even preparing the post then as I want to savour every last delicious moment out of it, if I possibly can!


So what happy moments, grateful elements have I had this last week you may ask!

Friday brought my first proper day off and left me actually venturing to shops - I know - groan!

I had thought that I'd pretty much finished with present buying, until I checked out my list and realised there were a few more items that needed purchasing, so I ventured to the local retail park, hit the shops for a couple of hours and all was sorted.

I came home wrapped things and then I felt pretty much sorted.  So here is to retail parks opening early for the likes of me who doesn't do bun fights in shops at the best of times!

Saturday was split literally in two - talk about a day of two halves, the first half meant a very early jaunt out to the theatre in Sheffield to see the Aladdin pantomime and as always we were literally rolling with laughter from the first moments it started.  The Dame in this panto each year is utterly genius and we love him to bits, playing Widow Twanky this year!


We also ventured along the wooden huts afterwards having a look at the goods, but most of them were eateries. 

I also did some 'star spotting' 



Back home for a few hours, before setting off for an epic evening of music. 

Black Star Riders (aka the current formation of Thin Lizzy) were pretty epic and played Whiskey in the Jar as their final track! 


Then Whitesnake - Mrs Coverdale's little boy is doing pretty awesome as always playing some fabulous tunes that me and hubby remember from when we first met!


And to finish off Def Leppard, on the final night of their tour - finishing off in their home city of Sheffield - utterly amazing! 


Next grateful - it being warm enough to walk back to the park and ride, we were late out of the gig - squeezing every last ounce out of it and we didn't fancy the crushed sardines on a tram fiasco, so we just walked. 

We even walked passed Santa's grotto next to the shopping centre which was all lit up looking mighty festive. 



Me and hubby hadn't eaten before we went out, so when we arrived back from the gig we made some bacon butties - at about 1am!  

Sunday arrived and was supposed to be a full meet up with family before the big day, but my brother and his girlfriend had to cry off as poorly and to be honest me and hubby were full of lurgy - so my next grateful is flu capsules - they are awesome, half an hour after taking them and you are back on your feet again! 

So the remainder of us managed a jaunt out to the local craft and grub fayre, which was lovely and my Mum managed to buy a few last minute gifts, my niece (and said 15 year old) enjoyed a gorgeous hot chocolate in the beautiful little coffee shop when it was nearly home time. 


And my sister tried on a vintage tweed cape at a Vintage shop, she'd managed to catch up with us very late in the day as she'd been working - how giddy does she look in this cape!  I love her expression! 


Monday turned into a PJ day, which was needed as we really wanted a lie in, having not managed one for weeks.  Me and hubby sat in bed with lots of cups of tea reading magazines, books and our tablets - bliss.  Said 15 year old got up eventually at twenty to three in the afternoon - yes I know - what day - he had missed breakfast and lunch completely! 

Tuesday and Wednesday were a bit of a blur still suffering with lurgy and hubby having Doctor's appointment and me at the hospital, it was good to get them out of the way! 

And now I sit here on Christmas Eve, table prepared, Christmas TV in the background, hot cup of tea, wrapping done, the last of the Christmas cards have arrived and dropped through the door, the house is quiet as hubby and said 15 year old have popped out for a few last minute items. 

The build up is almost done with and the day has nearly arrived.

May I wish you and yours a very Happy Christmas or Happy Holidays if you don't celebrate Christmas. 

I shall see you next Friday for the very first post of 2016!



4 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Virginia.
    What a busy week and lots of fab photos.
    I hope you and the family have a wonderful day.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds wonderful Virginia. Hope you had an amazing Christmas day x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful run up to the big day *apart from the lurgy*. Hope the rest of the weekend ran according to plan :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. A busy week, but what a happy time. I decided to forego the week 52 post, as I was enjoying the company of our grandson for one short week, and we wanted to get to midnight mass - my first since moving out here. Christmas day passed in a blur of morning tea out in the sun, and a lovely meal out with a group of friends. So I'll save the photos for next week. Wishing you a positive and peaceful 2016. Kate x

    ReplyDelete