Thursday, 12 November 2015

WEAR CRAFTS LAYOUTS

The lovely Jen at Wear Crafts sent me some gorgeous 'We are Memory Keepers' papers recently (if you want to have a look at these - there is a link here which shows the great range Jen has in). 

So these are the layouts I created using these papers. 

First up said 15 year old enjoying the conservatory at one of the cottage holidays we stayed in earlier in the year. Definitely Home from Home! 


Next up I loved the 'tie dye' effect of these papers, really pretty.  A pop of Yellow and I pulled this layout together.  Photo taken on our way in to the Harry Potter studio in London earlier in the year, giddy doesn't come close.  


Next up hubby and son inside an ancient monument on Anglesey.  It was an amazing place to visit if I'm honest.  The papers aren't my normal style (lots of flowers aren't usually the path I go), however I like the simple sketch outline of this paper, so I matched it with some of the graduated yellow paper and then 'coloured in' a few of the buds on the paper to bring the two together.  


Next up a sculpture we found in Conwy of mussel shells, right on the front in Conwy.  I cut out the circle and used the 'frame' to create this layout.  I softened the photo, title and tag using a corner punch.  I used a stamp to create the 'dotty' background on the white card stock.  

I then hand punched the hearts and the running stitch around the edge and completed with a running stitch with embroidery thread. 


 Next up I used some of the leftover elements to create this layout, lots of 3.75" x 2.75" cards with a mix of two photos taken at Chatsworth of two naughty ponies pushing against each other!  Such fun to see and so tiny! 


Next up a photo of the three of us in front of Swallow Falls in Wales, a beautiful and easily accessible waterfall if you ever get chance. 

I added the stenciled green dots on this layout in two different distress inks. 


Another Harry Potter layout, this one is the three of us in front of the Mirror of Erised, showing my heart truly desires! I added an inked backgrounds, a computer generated title and adding a little hand stitching. 


A poignant layout given yesterday's Remembrance Day, me taking a photo of hubby and said 15 year old, when we went to visit the Poppies at Yorkshire Sculpture Park


And finally, I decided to take the paper literally to generate this layout.  The stars map is lovely and I wasn't sure if I'd ever create a layout of the three key stars hand prints from Harry Potter that we took earlier in the year.  However, cutting the photos into circles and dotting up the paper I think I just about got away with it. 


I hope you've enjoyed looking at the layouts and some of the things I've been documenting!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, fabulous collection of LOs Virginia.
    I love those sketch type houses and the background floral where you coloured some of the buds is great (reminded me of the pretty Starbucks Autumn cups).
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That "tie dye" paper is literally to die for lol, and I would def be colouring in on that floral piece :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the house paper. Cool Lo's

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowzer Girl! You have been super busy and what some fabby LOs you have created! Love the coloured in flower paper and the touch yellow on the Harry Potter one is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete