Thursday, 5 November 2015

USING UP A KIT

Earlier in the year I managed to get hold of a gorgeous mini book kit from Jen at Wear Crafts and I dutifully made the mini book (which I love so I've made loads more since).  However, I did have a bag of leftover bits of paper left and I really couldn't throw them away, being a Yorkshire lass you don't waste when it comes to scrapping.  

So after I'd moved them around my desk a few times I thought it was time to use them up.  The background papers were from my stash, the leftovers created the embellishment.  

Photo of hubby when we were on holiday earlier this year. 


I put my heart die to good use and managed to create lots of mixed hearts, which I added to the layout below, I think they draw the eye to the photo, taken at the grotto at Chatsworth!


I also decided to go very geometric with this layout, creating lots of squares to highlight the Instagram photo and I also enjoyed putting the pieces onto a black background to really make it pop!


This one helped me document some fabulous photos of the oriental room at Harewood house, the wallpaper with its none repeating pattern is gorgeous and doing the three strips across the page allowed me to include more than one photo despite none of them being the same size.


So my question is - do you have mini book spares lurking somewhere and if so - what do you do with them?

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful LOs Virginia.
    Left overs from mini books? I often use leftovers on cards especially if there is only a limited amount of stuff.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fab - such pretty papers. I tend to cut my left over bits into manageble pieces and store them in boxes for card use.

    ReplyDelete