Friday, 13 November 2015

ROCKING YOUR WORLD FRIDAY - 46TH OF 2015

And the weeks trip on by,


Well it's been a bit of a mixed week if I'm honest as I'm not 100% at the moment, however, there is always a silver lining running through life so let's see if we can pick it out.

Bonfire and fireworks on Friday evening.  Hubby has always loved fireworks, so he'd bought a few boxes but with the weather so grim on the 5th we decided to make our bonfire night on Friday night.  We had an outdoor fire and gathered around to keep warm and then watched all the pretty fireworks.  We also giggled at some of the crazy names they come up with for fireworks these days!

My Mum helping me last Friday in the house was an absolutely blessing, she was busy around my kitchen and I was emptying, tidying and sorting craft cupboards, it was lovely to spend time together even if we were busy at the time.

Saturday saw family over to find out all about the Lesotho Expedition, I put on some food nothing major,  jacket potatoes, a chilli, some muffins that I threw together at the last minute, but it was blissful to spend a few hours chatting and catching up!

Sunday was officially our day of rest, we didn't move, made simple food and caught up on lots of TV and films etc, although we all enjoyed it, we agreed that we needed to ensure weekends were a mix of fresh air and home time as it seemed we had spent all weekend in the house as it were.  But said 15 year old is still recovering from his time away.

Tuesday and Wednesday saw me submit and make a Doctor's appointment, so I'm grateful for a helpful receptionist who got me in to see the Doc quick smart, I've now got to have lots of tests - bit like an MOT to see if there is anything of concern, but he did indicate that my stress levels had obviously been much heightened whilst said 15 year old was thousands of miles away!  So I'm trying to bring those down, whilst acknowledging that that is easier said than done - so my other greatful are my WW girls, they really are a blessing for which I am forever grateful, they listen they provide advice and are just there for me - I am blessed with all of them!

Scrapping time, in amongst the chaos of my mind I always find scrapping time a way of relaxing and chilling out, thankfully Jen sent me some gorgeous papers recently and I was able to indulge and create some layouts with them (which I shared yesterday).  So another happy grateful is to have a fab friend in Jen and a lovely hobby!

Oh lovely people I have seriously failed on the photo front this week.  I do have some firework pictures but they are on my phone and as I'm not feeling too good I'm going to just post this one, but to make it a bit richer in colour I'll add a couple of layouts.

First up a layout of my and hubby at Bodnant Gardens taken by said 15 year old.  Oh for some colour and bright sunshine today.  However, the happy layout makes me feel quite positive!


Next up the pier at Llandudno, a feat of Victorian engineering!


And finally the flower clock as part of the Alice trail in Llandudno!


You see that made a lot better post - I must try harder!  So for anyone fancying just taking stock and enjoying reflecting and finding those single linings please feel free to blog, link and we'll visit, don't forget to leave a comment so I know to come and check it out.  Don't stress if you can't make it every week, just join in when you fancy!  I hope you all have a beautiful and blessed week ahead.

Now Mr Linky

4 comments:

  1. Hope you're feeling better soon, Virginia! The layouts are great, and I hope you feel up to transferring the firework photos soon, we'd love to see them. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do hope you feel better soon Virginia - sending (((Hugs))).
    The LOs are fab and it is lovely to hear that you have been able to spend some time with family this week. Hope you can take things a little easy now Said 15yr old is home and get those stress levels down.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry you are a bit below par this week Virginia. Hope you pick up soon. It was sensible to see the doctor anyway. It sounds as though you had some good family time. Two sharing the work, makes the load much lighter, so it was good your mum could help on Friday.
    I love fireworks too but of course that is a very British event, so I didn't get to see any out here. I love all the layouts. I am not a pink person, but that top one is a lovely cheery page. And I like Llandudno. There is always lots to see there. Be nice to yourself this week, or let hubby and son be nice to you. Hugs. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry you are feeling poorly. It can really sap your energy, I know.
    I remember when my kids were small, my Nana would come over and help me tidy the house and then we would head out to the park for a few hours.
    I love your layouts, they make me want to get back into scrapbooking.
    Have a wonderful week and feel better!
    Hugs,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete