Tuesday, 13 October 2015

COUNTERFEIT KIT LAYOUTS 5 AND 6 - TIME AND LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE

I was asked recently why I particularly like the Counterfeit kits and it's down to the fact that I get to blend manufacturers.  It's always easy to buy a paper stack and make layouts as they are obviously designed to 'go together' but often you end up with sheets that at first glance you just don't think you'll use.  But with a kit you soon find you are blending all sorts of makes and papers and it's a great way to 'use up' papers that have sat dormant for a while.  This months kit is no different. 

So here is my 'time' layout documenting two sculptures from Chatsworth's Beyond Limits this year.  I love the head, book tree one with the roots from the tree intertwining the book and head - genius! 


Next up one of my favourite layouts from this month, I would never have put a pale grey with those colours, but how well do they work.  The photo is a panoramic shot taken on Seahouses beach of the coastline including the beautiful Bamburgh Castle (used in the new Macbeth film) to the left.  

4 comments:

  1. The Chatsworth photos are fab. The grey works perfectly with the splash of colour on the second LO - beautiful photo.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layouts! Your photography is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh nice, you've incorporated some of my favorite touches, cross stitches and stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pale grey looks wonderful with orange tones. Both your layouts are superb.

    ReplyDelete