Friday, 25 September 2015

ROCKING YOUR WORLD FRIDAY - 39TH OF 2015

Morning all, tis Friday so means only one thing in this household


Meeting up with a friend and old work colleague last Friday was lovely, we haven't seen each other in an absolute age so it was great to have a proper chat and put the world to rights!

Saturday saw us doing lots of jobs that needed doing, so it was one of those tootling days, but we enjoyed it nonetheless.

Sunday saw said 15 year old take part in the local colour run for the local hospice.

Here he is before the race started - yes I did say before!



And this is after the event, when we managed to find one of my cousins and his daughter (who had been desperate to join in), it was so lovely to see them.  They decided this year to add in some bubbles near the end, I'm not convinced making the paint stick was such a great idea!


Thankfully this year said 15 year old didn't ruin the bath mat and managed to scrub himself clean enough to not cause undue issues with his white school shirts over subsequent days!

The rest of the week has been it's usual self, racing along at a merry old pace.  We did have a really great day on Wednesday at work, I work for a homelessness charity and attended a launch event for a project.  We've piloted the work for a while and this was the launch of new funding.  The afternoon was filled not only with guest speakers who are highly regarded in their field but also speeches by young people that the project has already helped, me and my fellow colleagues got quite emotional and teary with some of the stories and it really left us feeling positive and upbeat about the work we are doing.  It was also great for me as I often see names and numbers but never the actual people we are helping as I'm based in the finance department.

I'm also grateful for the listening ear of my fellow slimming world members who gave me a few pointers on Tuesday as I've definitely lost my way.

I'm also very very grateful for said 15 year old and hubby helping to clean on Thursday evening, the house always feels so much happier when it's all clean and spic and span.

So there you have it my lovely people, my week of happy and grateful moments. I hope yours has been just as positive, if you fancy joining in pop a post together, pop back and link up.

1 comment:

  1. I was interested to hear about your work this week Virginia. I have often wondered about what you do. What a lovely thing to be involved in. Thee colour run looks fun, for those involved anyway. I am glad I didn't have to clear up the mess! A lovely cheerful post this week. i hope next week is just as positive for you. Kate x

    ReplyDelete