Tuesday, 8 September 2015

OH IT'S BEEN A WHILE

Morning all, well it's been a while since I did regular blogging, not sure why it stopped if I'm honest, perhaps life got in the way, perhaps the Summer was simply too awesome to be sat at a computer - nope not that one.  But I find myself in September, my birthday hurtling towards me as if I'm not offended at being another year old and Autumn is upon us.  Crafting has taken an exceptionally long hiatus, actually scrapbooking has, crafting generally is threaded through my life in some format if I'm truly honest!

But I really do want to get back to recording the journeys through life in my scrapbooks, so I thought a blog post and input from you lovely people might help.  Strangely the blog folder is not bare as it were and there are still a good few layouts for me to share, so that's where I shall start.

This first layout I've actually shared before minus the photos, the papers were from Jen at Wear Crafts and I'd had them an age before I finally turned them into a mini-book, but they were so utterly cute that I wanted to create a couple of layouts as well, so I primed them hoping I might get a couple of Halloween piccies that would do the trick, needless to say last October said 14 year old and hubby did not disappoint!

Here they are pretending to throw up the pumpkin - I have no idea why - they obviously found it highly amusing however!



I think perhaps they were emulating this - all I can say is boys! This is another layout using the final dregs of that kit, I really loved those papers, they had amazing glitter on!


Next up sculptures from last year's Beyond Limits at Chatsworth and on the grounds that this years is about to commence I thought I had better share.


And said 14 year old priming the pumpkin, some of the fun is from the preparation itself!  The papers were part of a Secret Santa I took part in last year and these too are making a come back, truly can't be at that time of year already!


So the hope is that by emptying that folder I put my best foot forward and stop climbing on the sofa and start sitting at the craft desk, we shall see if it works.

1 comment:

  1. Love your pumpkin LOs Virginia.
    I'm looking forward to the farm having pumpkins this year as I want to make some pumpkin soup.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete