Friday, 10 July 2015

WEAR CRAFTS LEGACY PAGES

Evening all, well I've been sharing the layouts I created with the gorgeous legacy papers from Jen at Wear Crafts.  If you fancy looking for some new stash then pop on over and have a look you won't be disappointed.

So what did I do with the pages - well these fabulous papers have gorgeous red roses included on some of the sheets.  So these were ideal for an Alice based layout.  I created a wavy border top and bottom, put onto plain cream cardstock, double matted the photo and created a wavy bracket to mount the computer generated title.  I used one of the project life style cards cut down into a square to create the journalling card at the bottom right.  I also added some hand stitching.  The photo was taken at Chatsworth's Christmas display which was Alice themed and this was the White Rabbit disappearing down the rabbit hole!  You needed people on the page to give it a size perspective!


And then a page made up of three photos, hand journalling and title matted onto a contrasting background.  I think this has a really modern feel to it, despite the papers having quite a heritage feel to them.  The additions of a couple of tiny embellishments in the shape of cork arrows and buttons are just enough to create a really fun layout.  This documents a walk around Center Parcs very early in the morning, where we witnessed a weather phenomena called hoar frost, where the crystals are create from water droplets and appear to grow upwards, it reminded me of the iron filings 'trick' we did in science when I was at school.


Hope you have a happy scrapping time!

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous layouts, the hoar ice is amazing, I saw some last winter too.

    Happy Friday!

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete