Wednesday, 8 July 2015

SUMMER OF COLOUR

Evening all, well this week's challenge two greens and a pink, I needed greens - I mean I NEEDED greens for a planned sea creature so I opted to use this week's colours to create!

I had so much fun doing these, they are A5 in size and were made using gelli plate background and then handpainting each one individually.  The gelli plating was created using one pink paint, watered down in the first instance and then for the second layer I used the acrylic straight from the tube as it were.  as it comes to create the two layer element.

Let me know your favourite

Picture 1


Picture 2


Picture 3 


Picture 4


Picture 5


Picture 6


Picture 7


Picture 8


Picture 9


Picture 10


Picture 11


Picture 12


Picture 13


Picture 14


Picture 15


Picture 16


Picture 17


Picture 18


Picture 19


Picture 20


Picture 21


Picture 22


Picture 23


Picture 24


Picture 25


Picture 26


So you are probably wondering what on earth I'm going to do with these, well a batch will be sent off to Sarah at Free Art Friday Swindon click here for the facebook link if you are interested in sending some art, all donations are always gratefully received.

Some will be sent to friends and family to raise a smile, some will end up on birthday cards and I'll abandon some just because.  But before they all go on their merry way I scan each and every one so I've got a digital copy, I've found they shrink really well when re-printed and they make great card toppers! 


Is it really the last week next week sob - noooooooooooo can't possibly be.  

25 comments:

  1. Omg they are all absolutely wonderful, each with their own expression ranging from being mischievous to shy and one even looks like he has knocked back a glass of wine or two. It's impossible for me to choose just one. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, you really did go to town with this weeks challenge. They are all adorable but I have to say that number 1 is my favourite - I fell in love with that cutie when I saw the thumbnail on my reader-list.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So delightful, so delovely, so delicious, so down right adorable. Glad you mad a lot, that will really spread the joy around. I'm new so next week will only be my second week of challenge...so sob, sob here too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know - I will be so sad when SOC is over! It went by so quickly! I absolutely LOVE all of your adorable little turtles! I think my fav (which is very hard because they are all so cute!) is #3! Thank you so much for sharing your art with all of us!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the first one the best because the turtle has a really cute look to him/her. I guess I usually like cute things. I would have make the shell a different color for each piece but they do look good together.

    visiting from SOC, have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your fun turtles, lovely idea. My fave is no 3, reminds me of my grandson when he was small! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. i think the first one is weaving "hello", isn´t she?

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW you really went to town this week. Think I have to say I like number 1 the best, BJ

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are crazy - so many different turtles, but all are great and funny! Ulrike

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow-you obviously LOVE creating these! Well done-and no, I can't pick a favorite-they're all marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice work! 4 and 10 are my favorites :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. My goodness you have been busy! What fun! My faves are 1 and 4, but they are all adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's to hard to pick just one. Love all the expressions. My faves if I have to pick are 1, 3 and 21
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are so fun! Love the expression on no 19. Great gelli backround too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You know you're totally crazy, right - 26??!!

    The watery gelli print background is perfect for these fun little guys, great stuff!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I couldn't pick just one: 18, 21, and 23 were my favorites for different reasons. Expression played a big role in my choices, too. Loved these, and I see you created even MORE this week than before. I love how you make so many, but I'm sure it gets a bit redundant after awhile, although none of these qualified for that.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Virginia.. they are utterly adorable... love the gelli printed backgrounds... number 4 caught my eye :)

    Jenny X

    ReplyDelete
  18. that is a lot of work, good job :) if I had to choose, I would say #15 is my fav out of all of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are so cute and fun! I love his big eyes :-)

    ReplyDelete