Wednesday, 17 June 2015

SUMMER OF COLOUR - WEEK 2 (AND SOME CLOSE UPS OF WEEK 1)

Well it has to be said that I am loving this years Summer of Colour challenge, week one was great fun, so I was waiting with great anticipation for this weeks colour scheme.

So gelli plate at the ready I gelli printed the abstract backgrounds and then the decision on the creature for this weeks cards.  Initially said 14 year old said hedgehog - but then I didn't fancy doing brown, then he said koala bear, mmmm grey - no not sure on that one either.  Then he said octopus!  Well there was a challenge - I had great fun creating these.  They are A5 in size, so your question is what am I going to do with them?  Well some will make it onto birthday cards, some will become abandoned art, some possibly mail art to friends and family and finally I will be sending a selection to Sarah for Free Art Friday in Swindon!

So the question is which is your favourite?  And can you spot the deliberate mistake?

Card Number 1 


Card Number 2


                                                                Card Number 3


                                                                       Card Number 4


                                                                    Card Number 5


                                                                    Card Number 6


Card 7


card 8 


Card 9 


Card 10


Card 11


Card 12


I thought I'd do some close ups of last weeks cards as well 















Can't wait for week 3

19 comments:

  1. They are all adorable Virginia but I think No:1 is my favourite.
    You have been so busy - they are fabulous.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these are so fabulously cute :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are absolutely adorable! I love how you used this week's colors in such a creative way! I think my fav is card #12, and the mistake is in card #11 - are there 9 legs??? And thanks so much for sharing close ups of last week's cards - your sharks are so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love these little cuties!!!! My favourites are number 1 + 6 of the octopus.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice.:) Looks like you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving these underwater friends- perfect colors and such great expression!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like #7 and #1 - I think they are the cutest ones. though I do not see any mistakes.

    have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a fun set of cards-they could put a smile on anyone's face!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are fun!!! Loved seeing the aquarium!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH my they are just the cutest they made me smile :) Anita #29 itsamistry Design Studio

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice drawings. I think they would have a lot of success if you would use them in a children's book!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute, cute, cute! I love them all, but that friendly, smiling shark is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I see a sea theme going on here. It is colorful, fun, and playful. I'm sure anyone would love getting one of these adorable cards.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Every single one of these makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great cards - and who says an octopus can't have 9 legs?!

    You're flying with SOC, and clearly having lots of fun!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful sequence of cards. Certainly made me smile.

    ReplyDelete